Due to critical service need of the communities we serve, we are offering a $1,500 sign-on bonus; additional $500 bonus for Qualified mental Health Professionals.* We are eager to continue to provide quality and compassionate care in our service areas and need you to make this happen!
This position will serve the Sullivan School District. The School-Based Community Support Specialist serves as a liaison between children/families and the school and other external systems, and provides a wide range of services, depending on the needs and expectations of each child and family. Evening & weekend availability required as needed by families served. Collaborative documentation with families served also required.
CHN team members enjoy a collaborative team environment, and competitive benefits, including quarterly performance incentives.
- Act as a liaison and ambassador for Compass Health Network to and between the agency and School Districts
- Serves as a consultant to school systems' staff, providing mental health consultation and information on a wide range of mental health topics
- Actively collaborate with other systems' staff regarding assigned children and their families, and participate as a member of the multi-disciplinary team to advocate for the mental health needs of the child/family
- Provide individualized behavioral health services based upon strengths, needs, abilities and preferences identified collaboratively with client/family, focused on supporting client's movement toward recovery/resiliency goals
- Assist client/family in the development of the Wellness Plan
- Provide services from a holistic, person-centered, strengths-based perspective, incorporating coaching surrounding the Eight Dimensions of Wellness; supporting client/family in completion of goals.
- Assist the family with accessing, locating and arranging services and resources to assist in achieving their goals
- Provide educational information and skill building to client/family and school staff regarding areas of concern such as daily living skills, education, symptom management, communication/relationships with focus on improving functioning
- Assist client/family in developing natural support systems including work with family members, school staff, legal guardians, etc.
- Assist with completion of initial and annual assessments and Wellness Plans as directed by Supervisor
- Will seek culturally competent services and service providers to meet the unique cultural needs of each agency client and family
- Driving is an essential function of the position
- Bachelor's degree in a human service-related field required
- Master's degree in psychology, social work, rehabilitation/vocational/pastoral counseling, family therapy or closely-related field preferred
QUALIFICATION(S): WORK EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- The completion of a practicum or at least one (1) year of experience under the supervision of a QMHP preferred
- All experience must include working with individuals with psychiatric, substance use, and/or developmental disabilities
- A valid driver's license and agency established minimum automobile coverage required
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri. Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve. Our mission is "Inspire Hope. Promote Wellness."
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization:
- [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Community Support Specialist-Youth
- Advancement opportunities
- Professional development
- Licensure supervision
- Mentor opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Scholarship program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace Access
- Paid time off & Paid Holidays
- NHSC Loan Repayment Participant
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look forward to meeting you!
*Signing bonuses paid as per bonus policy; exclusions may apply.
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
- Behavioral Medicine
- Developmental Disabilities
- Family Therapy