Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Enjoy great training, a supportive team environment and regional travel!
*This position will require 75% travel including overnights weekly in the Pacific and Western time zones.*
Optum, a UnitedHealth Group company, is a leading provider of emotional wellness services. By providing 60 million Americans with information, tools and solutions, we are helping to guide them through the health care system, financing their health care needs, and enabling them to achieve their personal health and well-being goals. We offer specialized, confidential support to help our members live and work well, and excellent resources and rewards for your career so you can do the same. A healthy business awaits you at Optum.
If you're a motivated professional who's searching for a new way to use your mental health expertise, we encourage you to apply for this high-visibility position in our Operations Division. As our Senior Clinical Quality Analyst, you would travel across the eastern region and the US ensuring the highest quality performance from our dedicated staff. You would also gain exposure throughout our organization and have a chance to advance into a variety of different areas.
If you are located in Pacific, Western and Central Time Zones, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Traveling up to 75% of the time to conduct on-site clinician and facility audits throughout the assigned region in the western United States - likely California, Navada and Utah
- Working to ensure our members receive the best possible treatment from a network of high-quality clinicians and facilities
- Attending team meetings by phone to stay up to date on issues and discuss inter-rater reliability
- Developing your own travel schedule
- Sending letters and samples of audits to providers
- Scoring audits and writing audit reports
- Tracking and documenting all activities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree
- Independent licensure in the Mental Health field such as: LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, LPC, PhD license
- 2+ years of experience in behavioral health
- 6+ months of experience in managed care
- Computer proficiency
- Active Driver’s License
- Ability to travel 75% of the time in Pacific and Western time zones including overnight travel
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Quality improvement knowledge
- NCQA and JCAHO familiarity
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado and Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.