To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Franklin, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Carl's Jr. Restaurants LLC • Franklin, TN
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Paralegal is responsible for the full life-cycle franchise contract maintenance processes associated with the administration of franchise agreements, amendments, disclosures, renewals, and terminations. In addition, the Paralegal will support the department with corporate governance, legal entity management, compliance, contract review and other support work pertaining to the business affairs of the company and its affiliates/subsidiaries in the U.S. and internationally.
May perform any or all of the following duties:
- Preparation of new franchise and/or transfer related agreements, including transmitting documents for execution; and processing signed franchise agreements upon receipt
- Handling the collection and internal application of franchise related business fees and administering the fees within our franchise accounting system
- Contacting and communicating directly with existing and new franchise candidates to carry out assigned duties
- Oversees the distribution of Company Franchise Disclosure Documents
- Reviews, examines and analyzes corporate entity structures for new franchisees
- Responsible for legal processes related to default, cure and termination of franchise agreements, including preparing, transmitting and tracking Notices of Default, Notices of Termination, and Notices of Cure of Default
- Maintain internal database/intranet related to franchise agreement related terms
- Responsible for legal processes related to collection of accounts receivable and other amounts payable to the company and maintaining status reports of all
- Reviews leases for compliance with Corporate Legal agreements and reviews franchisees’ entity documents for timely preparation/renewal
- Contacting and communicate with franchisees, in-house and off-site legal counsel, franchise operations, real estate, accounting, finance, franchise sales and other related departments to carry out assigned duties
- Prepare and maintain written documentation of processes and checklists related to assigned duties
- Creating organizational documents, including articles of incorporation or dissolution, stock certificates and merger agreements
- Drafting and reviewing contracts, such as employment contracts and non-compete agreements
- Creating and distributing annual reports
- Assisting with ethics and compliance programs
- Coordinating and receiving board and committee signature for documents
- Maintaining and filing corporate records, including resolutions and board of director changes and communications
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills; communicates effectively with various contacts (internal and external)
- Attends training to remain current on industry trends
- Participates in company meetings, webinars and conference calls
- Performs other duties and/or special projects as assigned in response to changing business conditions and/or requirements
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS/CORE COMPETENCIES
- Must possess a BA/BS Degree; and a professional certification as a paralegal is preferred
- At least 10 years aggregate experience working as a corporate paralegal with substantive experience in contracts, franchising or corporate secretarial/governance matters.
- Experience within a large law firm or in-house law department is preferred.
- Must have proven experience in contract coordination and database management
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft and MS Access Preferred
- Must be self motivated and able to prioritize multiple projects individually or with a team
- Knowledge of law, business, real estate, contracts, sales and management is preferred
- Must have strong work ethic and a high level of confidentiality to ensure proper handling of sensitive information
- Corporate Office fast paced, high volume of activity and a deadline driven environment