This position is responsible for partnering with the Healthcare Specialties Group (HSG) CFO and local finance and business leadership teams in all aspects of financial reporting and planning for the portfolio of 10+ globally based businesses comprising HSG. Responsibilities include analyzing and reviewing data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. This position will be responsible for the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process for at least one stand-alone business as well as ownership of the executive budget. They will also be responsible for reviewing and compiling monthly reports and submissions for the Corporate Finance team. Prepare detailed analysis of key financial and operational metrics to help drive growth in the business. Analyze key monthly variances and prepare summary commentary for senior management. Assist in the creation of new category based P&L reporting structure. Work with new acquisitions to help with the onboarding process.
- Partner with the local Finance leaders and business leadership team to support the financial reporting and analysis of the portfolio
- Prepare daily sales reports, manage headcount reporting and analyze T&E
- Update and maintain monthly reports used to analyze the financial results of the portfolio and prepare monthly variance commentary to understand the actual and projected results of the individual businesses as well as the overall division. Identify and communicate potential risks and opportunities within the individual businesses and across the portfolio
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial presentations to senior management
- Participate in the annual budget process to help set targets, manage financial projections and prepare year-over-year variance analyzes to ensure overall reasonableness of budget assumptions. Prepare analyses of year-over-year sales and operating income growth trends.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with finance team members within the portfolio as well as throughout the corporate organization.
Seasoned, experienced senior level professional; in-depth knowledge and full understanding of two or more disciplines and good knowledge of other related disciplines. Strong judgment and analytical ability, evaluation, originality and ingenuity required to perform tasks. Know and apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Resolve a wide range of issues and assignments in creative ways. Assignments are typically broad in nature. Serve as a resource to others to resolve complex problems and issues. May take on project lead role on small scale projects.
Work on complex issues/projects where analysis of data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Use best practices and knowledge of business issues and strategic direction to solve complex problems where precedent may not exist; recommend solutions to business challenges. Demonstrate strong judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Network with senior internal and external personnel inside and outside own area of expertise.
Receive minimal instruction on day-to-day work and minimal instruction on new projects or assignments. May act as a resource to provide formal guidance for TSMs with less experience. Assignments can be broad in nature.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 6 to 8 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus. May hold one or more industry certifications.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent understanding of industry practices
- Strong proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Strong planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Strong decision making, analysis and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with and present information to all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to build partnerships at all levels within the company, ability to build partnerships externally
- Resolve complex issues in effective ways
- Project management, consultative skills and ability to manage a budget
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong accounting and financial knowledge including financial budgeting, reporting, policies and procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Independent worker, self-starter
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel, proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Experience with databases and Oracle products such as Planning and HFM
- Strong ability to understand and communicate complex financial concepts
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 15%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.