To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Clifton Park, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Electric Field Planner A (597)
AVANGRID, Inc • Clifton Park, NY
Posted 2 months ago
Location - Mechanicville NY
Company: New York State Electric & Gas (NYSEG)
Job Title: Electric Field Planner A, Trainee Acceptable
Under directive supervision, performs electric field planning work required for the construction,
maintenance, retirement or renewal of overhead and underground transmission, distribution or street lighting
systems, substations and general plant; and prepares work order data as prescribed in Company manuals. Typical
1. Determines most economical adequate arrangement and location of electric facilities such as poles, guys,
conductors, services, street lights and transformers.
2. Locates such equipment as capacitors, sectionalizing devices and regulators with engineering
guidance. Prepares data for fuse coordination in accord with procedures and guide lines established by the
Electrical Engineering Department and Sections 1-18, 4-1 & 4-2 of the Distribution Construction Standards Manual.
3. Performs preliminary and center line surveys for distribution and transmission lines; prepares
construction sketches, contour and profile maps and related data in accord with procedures and
guide lines established by the Electrical Engineering Department.
4. Has contacts, for exchange of information with customers, contractors, municipalities, other utilities and the
5. May guide the work of lower rated employees assisting him.
6. May prepare one line diagrams, bills of material, cost estimates, permits and billing data, or provide sufficient
data for others to prepare them.
7. Investigates voltage conditions, may investigate customer complaints.
8. May obtain simple permissions and easements; makes joint telephone arrangements.
9. May participate in restoring service interrupted by storms.
10. May lay out gas distribution lines.
11. Gathers and assembles data for load balance studies.
12. Does other related or less skilled work as required.
Skills and Requirements
1. Must possess A.A.S degree in Electrical Technology or its equivalent as determined by an
2. Must have a thorough knowledge of electrical instruments, materials, equipment and apparatus as they apply to
this work; Company policies; joint facilities agreements, construction standards and accounting procedures; use of
surveying instruments; applicable codes and safety rules; and a general knowledge of the work of related
departments to permit coordination of effort.
3. Must have current New York State automobile operator's license.
Physical and Personal Qualifications:
1. Must meet the General Requirements for all employees as outlined in the Preamble to the Job
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com