Sr. Systems Engineer
Canandaigua National Bank & Trust
Canandaigua National Bank & Trust is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our IT team. The Senior Systems Engineer will ensure the stability, integrity and efficiency of the in-house information systems that support core bank functions. This is done through proven problem solving, communication, and recommending appropriate solutions and providing documentation and training. As an integral part of the infrastructure of the bank, this position designs, implements, and maintains a broad spectrum of network solutions – ranging from server hardware to routers & switches. The Senior Systems Engineer is also responsible for the management of the existing network infrastructure and providing support to a continually improving, robust organization.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Business, or related field normally required
• Experienced with systems planning, security principles and general network infrastructure management practices.
• Strong technical and troubleshooting skills in Microsoft Windows server operating systems (2008R2/2012F2/2016).
• SAN, VMWare, capacity planning forecasting and proven analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
• Experience in administering Windows 2012/2016 Server and Active Directory.
• Ability to plan, document, and effectively implement projects and systems.
• Ability to script via PowerShell
• Knowledge of fundamental system administration, tuning, and support methods best practices.
• Knowledge of Cisco LAN/WAN technologies, Routers and Switches, and Unified Computer System (UCS)
• Strong technical documentation skills
• Working knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
• Ability to conduct research into issues and develop solutions
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Highly developed time-management and prioritization skills
• Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills
• Ability to communicate concepts in both technical and user friendly language
• Valid driver's license.
• A minimum of ten (10) years' experience in related positions normally required
• Proven experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of network infrastructure, software systems, applications, and related products.
• Experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
• Extensive experience with virtual server technology – VMWare ESX/ESXi 5.5 (or later)
• Extensive experience with backup and recovery software
• Configures and implements VMware ESX, ESXi/vSphere, vCenter, vMotion, DRS, vCloud, VM networking and additional virtualization technologies and concepts
• Performs SAN administration, management, and configuration including the storage provisioning process, thin provisioning, RAID, SAN troubleshooting and VMware connectivity
• MS Windows engineering support
• Infrastructure ticket monitoring and execution
• Backup and Recovery • Ensuring that Systems are patched on a monthly basis.
• Responsible for Root cause analysis
• Responsible for Resolving Escalated issue.
1. Design, implement, monitors, maintains, supports, and optimizes all network infrastructure and associated operating systems of which the following are illustrative:
a. Assesses on-going network performance by utilizing infrastructure ticket monitoring systems.
b. Configures and implements a suite of virtualization technologies and concepts.
c. Performs Storage Area Network (SAN) administration management, maintenance and configuration by using techniques to include, but not be limited to, storage provisioning, thin provisioning, redundant array of independent disks (RAID).
d. Plays a key role in business continuity planning by executing backup and recovery protocols and ensures that systems are patched and updated on a monthly basis.
e. Collaborates with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of the organization network and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
f. Conducts root cause analysis to track down and resolve issues at their source.
g. Gauges the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develops and implements strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
h. Proposes and creates system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to business system application, development and support services teams.
i. Designs and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
j. Creates and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
k. Coordinates and performs in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
l. Monitors and tests system performance; prepares and delivers system performance statistics and reports.
m. Ensures best practices in terms of change management are strengthened and followed and reviewed.
n. Assist in developing a cloud strategy.
2. Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with various lines of business in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
3. Maintains appropriate records and provides assigned reports.
4. Participates in CNB IT On-Call Program.
5. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness.
6. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
7. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
About Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Company
As the only local, full-service, community-owned financial institution in the Rochester area, Canandaigua National Bank & Trust is investing in you, your business, and your community through our products, personal service, technology, and community support. Our Core Values of Honesty and Integrity, Responsibility, Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Professionalism, and Commitment represent who we are and what we do, each and every day. That's what makes us different from our competitors and a great place to work! Before making any business decision, we carefully consider how it will affect the people who rely on us the most: our valued customers, the communities we serve, our employees, and shareholders. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs include:
• Challenging Work
• Excellent Culture
• Extraordinary Co-Workers
• Great Rewards including a strong benefits package, learning opportunities, flexibility, and other perks aimed at creating a solid work/life balance.
Canandaigua National Corporation and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.