To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chico, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Construction Lending Specialist
Tri Counties Bank • Chico, CA
Posted 24 days ago
Position Title: Construction Lending Specialist
Department: Commercial Credit Underwriting Valley Division
Position Summary: The Construction Lending Specialist (CLS) assists in managing and monitoring all construction based loans in the bank. These include commercial and residential construction loans and all land based loans. In addition to managing and monitoring the construction loan, this position will aid in the underwriting and approval of construction loan requests. This position will work closely with Loan Officers, Credit Officers, Inspectors and other related bank staff to ensure accuracy and validity of all information on construction related loans. The CLS also serves as a back-up to the Asset Based Lending Specialist. The CLS reports to the Construction Lending and Collateral Control Supervisor.
- Works directly with Loan Officers, Credit Officers and Inspectors in obtaining information needed to underwrite construction loans and understand the key risks and progress of a project.
- Reviews and performs cost reviews and budget reviews to verify that cost estimates are appropriate and accurate.
- Monitors all construction draws and schedules inspections for each draw.
- Confirms that all invoices are collected for each draw and follows up for conditional and unconditional lien releases from each contractor, sub-contractor and vendor.
- Prepare appropriate portfolio reports and be able at any given time to report on the condition of a construction project and whether or not the project is within its budget.
- Disburse supported draws into the borrower’s checking account or issue cashiers checks out to respective contractors, sub-contractors or vendors.
- Conduct site inspections to support draw requests and aid in loan underwriting, approval and ongoing monitoring and reporting.
- Acts as a back-up to the Asset Based Lending Specialist
- Maintains a current understanding of stated procedures and policies, including regulatory compliance issues.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, And Other Skills Required:
- High school graduate minimum.
- College degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or Construction Management preferred.
- Proficient in scheduling, cost management and heavy construction estimating.
- Exceptional writing skills and verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with efficient work demeanor that allows involvement in multiple areas.
- Ability to prioritize work on multiple projects and complete a high volume of work efficiently and with accuracy.
- Ability to utilize personal computers and Windows based programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Established in 1975, Tri Counties Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of TriCo Bancshares (NASDAQ:TCBK) headquartered in Chico, California, providing a unique brand of customer Service with Solutions available in traditional stand-alone and in-store bank branches in communities throughout Northern and Central California.
The Bank provides an extensive and competitive breadth of consumer, small business and commercial banking financial services, along with convenient around-the-clock ATM, online and mobile banking access.
Tri Counties Bank has remained strong and profitable through a top-down commitment to its core values, sound business principles and responsible lending practices.
Our success is also based on our involvement in the communities we serve. The personal touch comes naturally to Tri Counties Bankers. You may recognize us at business, school and non-profit events, baseball games and local eateries, skiing in the mountains, boating on the lakes, and fishing the local streams or attending an event in The City or on the peninsula.