Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Senior Consultant Engineer to join our Electrical team in Plano, TX.
The electrical team provides assurance, testing, inspection and certification for a variety of electric products, including appliances, consumer electronics, lighting, medical devices, information communications technology, HVACR, industrial, and energy transmission and distribution. Our dedicated professionals help ensure the quality and safety of electrical products used by people throughout the world.Role & Responsibilities
A consultant is defined as a professional that offers independent advice on engineering, science and/or other related topics to companies and government organizations. A consulting engineer assists in providing more efficient services to clients. Independently conduct on and off site evaluation to customer specific requirements.
Including but not limited to:
- Independently conduct on and off site evaluation to customer specific requirements. Including but not limited to:
o Research, read and determine applicability of national codes and standards;
o Read and understand schematics and manufacturing instructions;
o Validate the project scope and sample applicability;
o Under scope of the project, identify required testing and develop test plans;
o Identify and document simple repairs/corrections as needed;
o Conduct thorough design review; document results.
- Supply information for quotes such as length of project, resources and samples required, and standards that will be used.
- Provide more specialized %22expertise%22 in one product category, i.e., become subject matter expert, or obtain and maintain advanced product knowledge.
- Coordinate and lead client meetings/discussions.
- Provide sales support for any and all product requirements including direct customer presentations;
- Communicate project status to client, sales personnel, and management throughout project.
- Identify project needs and sample requirements for effective resource planning and meeting of client’s expectations;
- Play a variety of roles depending on projects, such as a technical and scientific reference or organizing and managing tasks.
- Delegate tasks to other team members to make sure the project is completed on a timely basis.
- Provide the necessary support during the duration of projects to ensure the needs of the organization are met.
- Perform technical assessments and analysis of specifications of projects and implement necessary solutions.
- Work closely with customers to gain an understanding of needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required engineering preferred; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years directly related experience; prefer prior project management and business development experience
- PE License preferred
- Demonstrated experience with global regulatory compliance is preferred
- Innovative thinker with entrepreneurial mind-set
- Command of business management processes; strong business background
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form
- Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to make technical decisions and engineering judgments independently
- Excellent communication skills, in both verbal and written formats
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.