Kelly Services® is proud to offer a long-term contract opportunity to work as a Plant Operations Technician for one of our Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals Customers in Hopkinton, MA!
Job Title: Plant Operations Technician
Pay Rate: Starting pay is $31.62/hour. Upon completion of a ‘shift independent’ qualification (typically 3-6 months), pay will increase to $34.68/hour. If the candidate can achieve the next level of qualification (typically 6 months to 1 year), then pay will increase to $37.80/hour.
Shifts: 12-hour shifts that alternate on days and nights
The person in this position will assist other team members in operating plant equipment such as compressors, pumps, motors, and other similar industrial devices for the purpose of maintaining the continuous supply of gas to the facility’s pipeline customers. Additionally, plant operators load and/or unload product for delivery to customers via tractor trailer.
This position is responsible for the continuous monitoring and operation of the plant via a distributed control system (DCS). Some of the duties include the starting and stopping equipment, supporting plant startup and shutdown, responding to equipment alarms, troubleshooting operating issues, process optimization, tanker loading and unloading, and supporting and/or leading maintenance tasks, which include routine sustaining maintenance, seasonal equipment downtime maintenance, and unscheduled corrective maintenance, all in accordance with a work permit system. Work tasks are performed in accordance with a system of written procedures.
- Applicants must have a HS diploma/equivalency; An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a trade technology type curriculum is preferred
- Must be able to work a rotating 12-hour shift schedule
- Have strong technical/mechanical aptitude
- Computer literacy in ‘office’ type software; prior experience with computer programming is a plus
- Have experience working in an industrial plant environment; cryogenic plant experience is a plus
- Strong commitment to safety; ability to work in a team environment
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Prior experience developing and writing operating procedures is a plus.
Recent technical school graduates and returning military veterans with maintenance-type skills and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
As a Kelly employee, you’ll have access to world-class perks, including:
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available to eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Service bonus plan
- Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Online training campus that provides more than 3,000 free courses to help improve and develop skills
- Exclusive online employee community
- Employee assistance program available at no cost
- Corporate discounts
Please Note: This position is being recruited for by a remote Kelly Office, NOT your local Kelly Branch. For immediate consideration towards this position, apply directly to this job posting or e-mail your resume to Email blocked - click to apply.
Please reply either way to let me know if this position works for you. I look forward to hearing from you!
Talent Recruiter | Kelly Services | GTS – Recruiting & Sourcing
E-mail: Email blocked - click to apply
Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Operate Plant Equipment
Repair Mechanical Equipment