To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director of PMG Resources - Government Relations - East Coast
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL, INC • Washington, DC
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
International Code Council (ICC)
Director, Government Relations PMG Resources
The Director of PMG Government Relations reports to the Senior Vice President of Government Relations. This position is responsible for assisting in developing, coordinating, directing and implementing programs to ensure the successful completion of the Government Relations goals and objectives as they apply to the plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas, and swimming pool codes (PMG), services and programs of the International Code Council. The Director of PMG will provide the SVP policy guidance on national and state issues related to water, sanitation, plumbing, etc., such as WaterSense and other federal programs.
- Using individual's own relationships and connections advocate and promote activities to ensure positive outcome for ICC's PMG goals
- Providing subject matter expertise to the Government Relations Staff
- Drafting subject matter papers, guiding documents, talking points to assist in developing policies and written statements
- Representing ICC in coalitions, task forces, committees, and councils where expertise in PMG subjects is preferred
- In collaboration with the Director of Government Relations PMG Resources review, update existing supporting materials
- In collaboration with the Director of Government Relations PMG Resources create new materials as needed to support the PMG program
- Assisting the Government Relations field staff identify appropriate PMG industry contacts to join ICC state and local coalitions of code officials, design professionals, contractors, building owners and managers, private companies, municipal and county government associations, elected officials, and other interested parties to further the goals of the ICC
- Assisting GR staff analyze PMG related legislation and/or rulemaking
- Assisting in the preparation of statements or testimony in response to government actions related to PMG issues
- Seeking opportunities to work with ICC Members and stakeholders to nominate candidates to State plumbing board positions
- Developing networks of PMG industry stakeholders to support state and local adoption efforts
- Making presentations to government officials, design professionals, contractors, and other interested parties on subjects related to plumbing, mechanical and other related topics
- Representing the ICC at member meetings, conferences and trade shows as appointed
- Analyzing information and recommending courses of action to be taken
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Education / Experience / Location:
- Ability to Travel.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A proven history of delivering on commitments.
- The ability to use productively the knowledge, experience, and efforts of others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent technical experience