At Jacobs, we’re not just building structures, we’re powering them, too. We’re transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future – today.
Be a part of our team, where you’ll have the chance to work on projects that bring innovative solutions to our clients’ challenges locally and worldwide by providing a variety of design services.
As an Electrical Engineering Professional on our Energy & Power design team in Austin, TX, you will take ownership in creating documents to build electrical systems for power generation and distribution applications across the globe. You’ll tap into both your creative and analytical sides in this role as you prepare protective relay settings, calculations, and coordination studies using ETAP and SKM. By driving collaboration and innovation across Energy & Power projects, you’ll grow your consulting career as you develop and implement project plans and designs, ensuring product quality, safety and on-schedule and on-budget completion.
Working together, we’ll help you grow and pursue what fulfills you so that we can make impacts on the future – big and small, global and local.
Your most impactful mission in this role is to embrace living inclusion every day and enabling diversity and quality globally. For us, this means creating a culture of belonging where we all thrive by embracing all perspectives. An inclusive culture with many perspectives through diverse backgrounds allows us to leverage knowledge, direction and connection to bring forth opportunity, creativity and growth.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Registration (P.E.), or ability to obtain within one year
- At least 10 years detailed experience in the development and implementation of power process electrical systems
- Task lead experience including scope and fee development, and project execution while meeting established schedule and budget requirements
- Protection system design
- Design for turbine generator in excess of 10MW and substation design interface including relay protection and interconnection agreements with utility companies
- Ability to direct the production of design packages using 3D AutoCAD, Revit, SmartPlant or equivalent
- Some travel
Ideally You'll Also Have:
- Industrial power plant electrical systems evaluation and design
- Related experience in chemical, petroleum, and other industrial process plants
- System modeling using SKM Power Tools, ETAP, or similar modeling software
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ]