We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Senior System Administrator to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
- Manage and maintain currently supported and subsequent Microsoft (MS) Windows Server Operating Systems (OS) on physical and virtual operating environments, providing technical oversight and consultation services.
- Perform hardware and software technology refreshes, ensuring milestone compliance while coordinating with application owners to minimize disruptions.
- Demonstrate day-to-day adherence with change management precepts and practices and is responsible for writing Change Requests and seeking approval.
- Troubleshoot and resolve unique or complex problems in an efficient manner.
- Prepare clear and timely technical documentation that explains recommended/required actions.
- Interface directly with the client and parallel teams when necessary.
- Apply DISA STIGs and resolve security vulnerabilities.
- Support operational transition of enterprise solutions into production.
- Minimum of five years of relevant IT work experience.
- Proficient understanding of technology areas such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, DFS and the ability to maintain other Windows core services.
- Fundamental understanding of authentication mechanisms such as Kerberos, LDAP and NTLM and use of necessary tools to troubleshoot them.
- Hands-on experience implementing Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) with Active Directory
- Strong knowledge of PowerShell and .NET scripting.
- Expert knowledge of networking concepts and technologies.
- Demonstrated analytical approach to solve complex problems in a complex, large-scale, and multi datacenter environments.
Education / Certification / Security Clearance:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or at least five (5) years of equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate prior to start of work – IAT Level II required (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP); IAT Level III is desirable (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH).
- Active DoD issued minimum Top Secret clearance.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at [ Link removed ]
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Giac Certified Incident Handler
Certified Information Systems Security Professional
Giac Security Essentials Certification
Certified Information Security Manager
Public Key Infrastructure