Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
This position will develop accurate and timely cost estimates, including labor costs, relating to the manufacturing and engineering of Aircraft Wheels, Brakes, Braking Control Systems and other important offerings.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Prepare accurate and timely cost estimates for recurring (Product Related) and Non-recurring costs.
- Interpret proposals, engineering drawings, specifications and other related documents to develop cost estimates
- Compute cost by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Coordinate and lead departmental interactions between key stakeholders, including Contracts, Operations, Engineering, Marketing, Accounting, Procurement and Program Management.
- Provide on-demand cost analysis to support Key Stakeholders, Finance, Engineering, Marketing, Contracts and Program Management.
- Participate and support contract negotiations as required.
- Update and track all cost information during Aircraft Development Phase.
- Prepare management reports tracking cost request summary, open RFQ’s, and completion dates. Reports provide direct impact on the financial decisions made by the business.
- Present a comparative cost analysis of components with analytical comments and recommendations for business actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Accounting and Applied Science or Business and/or a 2 year technical degree with two (2) years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft products.
- Knowledge of SAP ERP system preferred but not required.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Impeccable problem-solving skills
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or URL blocked - click to apply.
Cost Estimating Software