Diverse Role, Excellent Benefits, 401k, Great Culture
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Sierra Johnson
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $100,000 - $130,000 per yearA bit about us:
We are an award-winning behavioral health team based in Southern California, and we are looking for a Lead Psychologist for our Adult Outpatient site in Glendale, Ca.Why join us?
Diverse Role, Excellent Benefits, 401k, Great CultureJob Details
This position is being offered as a hybrid telecommuting work schedule. We are open to candidates looking for full-time or part-time work.
Lead Psychologist are responsible for providing:
Comprehensive psychological assessment of children with a history of mental illness for the purpose of diagnosis and assistance with treatment planning. Minimum of at least 50% of this position’s duties are dedicated to conducting and/or supervising assessments, while the rest will focus on providing direct therapy services and consultation.
Crisis intervention, intake assessment, and individual, group and family therapy to children with a history of mental illness.
Professional consultation to staff relative to psychological assessment and diagnosis.
- Must be a CA licensed psychologist.
- Must have a strong working knowledge/experience in psychological assessment, including test selection, administration, interpretation and report-writing.
- A working knowledge of psychological assessment in mental health including understanding of diagnostic concepts and assessment correlates of particular psychopathologies including psychiatric syndromes, personality disorders, and cognitive dysfunctions as well as those of malingering.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience working with children with a history of mental illness in a social service/mental health environment
- Provides professional consultation to multidisciplinary staff regarding complex differential diagnostic conditions, psychological and/or neuropsychological test results, cognitive and learning delays, and outcome measures
- Provides training to clinical staff (as needed) on the administration and interpretation of clinical symptom assessment instruments such as depression and anxiety inventories, rating scales for ADHD symptoms and mental status examinations.
- Achieves proficiency in 2 or more evidenced-based practices, and applies these in therapy with seriously mentally ill clients
- Interfaces and collaborates with referring clinicians regarding the referral process and rationale for psychological assessment
- Consults with staff regarding psychological assessments completed by outside institutions or individuals.
- Administers psychological tests including structured clinical interviews; tests of intelligence, achievement and learning abilities; language and developmental evaluations; personality inventories, projective tests; cognitive screens; and specific tests of cognitive and neuropsychological function including memory and executive functions.
- Focuses assessments explicitly on referral questions, utilizing instruments appropriate for the client.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
- Clinical Works
- Crisis Intervention
- Family Therapy