The Senior Director of Change and Organizational Development will support a top enterprise initiative – our workforce model of the future – focusing on all aspects of the people-side of change in a highly complex and matrixed organization.
This role will help shape the vision and drive a strategic, comprehensive change strategy that enables strong adoption with consideration of the evolving employee experience and expectations, parity of in-office, hybrid and remote models, and necessary agility and empowerment to serve our constituents. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work. (sm)
- Apply a structured end-to-end change management approach to mobilize engagement and adoption of people-dependent changes
- Apply behavioral science strategies in a scaled manner to meaningfully connect unique groups with the purpose and value of the workplace initiative
- Create and mobilize an inclusive customized strategy including sponsorship, people leader preparedness, communication, training, measurement, and resistance management plans
- See the bigger picture; identify and align interdependent systems to drive sustainable change
- Enlist the support of senior leaders, engage sponsors, and empower leaders to fulfill the role of change sponsor
- Conduct a change impact analysis, assess readiness and risk; report results to senior leadership with mitigation tactics
- Translates organization change to the individual level impact; define, measure, and report change success metrics
- Track success metrics to demonstrate organizational results, individual adoption; iterate change plans using data
- Advocates for impacted individuals by actively engaging with all populations; applies human dynamics of change
- Architect and lead a change ecosystem of key partners to enable the change strategy – Partnering across Legal, IT, and Real Estate, and Human Capital for an integrated client experience
- Partner closely with project team and integrate change management activities into project plan to create inclusive change
- Identifies intersections to advance solutions with complimentary discipline competencies
- Actively contribute to change enablement Community of Practice; partners with other change practitioners on best practices and tools
Required Skills and Expectations:
- Direct collaboration, coordination, and influence with all levels of leadership across the enterprise
- Lead with purpose, compassion, and action through ambiguous situations
- Experience leading a variety of changes, including technical, behavioral and adaptive
- Exhibit a high level of resilience and resourcefulness
- Model the Change Team’s values and promote inclusive, high-performance thinking
- Change Methodology: Applies change methodologies and tailors them to specific projects and initiatives. Draws on research, best practices and experiences and incorporates them into current and future strategies.
- Resilience and Resourcefulness: Anticipate and prepare for adversity. Stay focused under pressure. Use creative problem solving and determination to get back on track and rebound quickly
- Coaching: Designs strategies to encourage, develop, and support the ability of project sponsors, leaders, and people managers. Provides objective feedback, challenges assumptions with courageous professionalism, and takes a stand even when doing so is unpopular
- Stakeholder Management: Fosters meaningful relationships with critical stakeholders, understands their diverse needs, expectations, concerns, and capabilities. Uses adaptive techniques and messaging to motivate and influence
- Data and Analytics: Leverages data and analytics to drive decision making and action. Designs, develops, and deploys solutions through ongoing analysis and connecting multiple data sets together to recommend action
- Business Fluency: Understands how the business operate. Able to articulate the strategy, customer base and external factors impacting the business. Discovers pathways and navigates the organization’s maze to get things done
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of overall change management and organizational development experience or equivalent experience in a consulting organization or in a mid to large sized Company
- 5+ years of experience in directly driving change management initiatives within their organization or in a consulting company
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Local to Minnetonka, MN or telecommute with travel to corporate or client locations up to 25%
- Prosci Certified Change Practitioner
- Proficiency in multiple languages
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, in addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director, Change, Change Enablement, Organizational Development, Development, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from Home, Work at Home, Remote