AmTrust has an immediate need for a Workers Compensation Claims Examiner. This position will be located in our San Diego, CA office. Responsible for the prompt and efficient examination, investigation and settlement or declination of insurance claims through effective research, negotiation and interaction with insureds and claimants, ensuring that company resources are utilized in a cost effective manner in the process.
- Thoroughly investigating workers’ compensation claims by contacting injured workers, medical providers, and employer representatives. Determining if claims are valid under applicable workers’ comp statutes. Communicating with medical providers to develop and authorize appropriate treatment plans.
- Reviewing and analyzing medical bills to confirm charges and treatment are workers’ comp injury-related and in accordance with the treatment plan.
- Ensuring payments for medical bills and income replacement are remitted on a timely basis in accordance with applicable fee schedules and statute
- Answer questions regarding the status of pending claims from claimants, policyholders and medical providers.
- Consult with attorneys regarding litigation management, settlement strategy and claim resolution.
- 3+ years experience as a Workers Comp adjuster
- Must have CA Adjuster license
- Must be current on Continued Education Units
- MS Office experience (Work, Excel, Outlook)
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work load to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitivecompensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.