This position reports to a Construction Foreman, and is responsible for the daily civil construction for a range of wireless locations. These projects typically involve construction services related to wireless telecommunication systems. This will include generator installations, cabinet installations, concrete pads, foundations, framing, fencing, minor electrical work, etc.
- Perform all trenching, conduit installation, concrete work, wire installation.
- Takes feedback and direction from Foreman. Works with Foreman daily on production expectations.
- Assist with the ATS/MTS/Camlock installation. Work must be completed in a safe, professional manner.
- Perform daily on site Safety and Quality inspections.
- Clearly understands, complies with and enforces Company and job safety requirements to include, but not limited to: OSHA, Federal and State laws and/or regulations.
- Contact NOC and Tower/Land owners before entering/leaving any site. Must fill out all log entries.
- Safely uses all hand and power tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks, including but not limited to OTDR, Fluke meters, cable cutters, drills, saws, hammer drills, knock-out punches, and all tools and equipment utilized by the technicians.
- Assist in verifying that all materials for the project are taken to the job site.
- Assists other trades, contractors, team members in the construction of projects.
- Reports all phases of construction progress back to the Foreman.
- Accurately reports time and proper coding of time sheets.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 100%, Able to lift 50lbs and work in any weather conditions.
- Willing to work occasional weekends and overtime.
- Tower/Civil construction experience a huge plus
- CDL/Operators License a plus but not required
- Experience finishing Concrete, pouring, setting, rebar, mesh, and/or preform cast installations.
- Experience working on DC/AC installations – MTS/ATS/Radio work – A plus but not required
- High School/GED Required
- Must be Authorized to Work in the US
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Demonstrated experience in construction trades a plus
- Must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen, physical capacity profile and background check
- Must be trained in or obtain First Aid and CPR Certification, OSHA 10 Hour, Rigging.
- Technical knowledge of wireless telecommunications products a plus
- Ability to read blueprint details and specifications a plus
- Ability to work overtime to include Saturdays, Sundays and evening hours
- Capable of being entrusted with company assets and confidential information
- Desire at least 1-3 years of construction experience in the telecommunications field.
- Journeyman Electrician certification and HS/GED.
- Understand internal and external expectations related to scope, schedule, cost, & quality
- Ensure each site construction scope is built based on Foreman’s expectations.
- Must be comfortable taking direction from other field representatives.
- Must be capable and willing to lift 50lbs. Must work in all-weather environments.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)