You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Registered Nurse - PACU
- The PACU Registered Nurse provides direct and indirect patient care under the direction of the Patient Care Coordinators.
- Collaborates with other members of the surgical team to ensure the highest standard of care.
- Accepts assignment to care for, take responsibility for, and advocate for an individual patient by coordinating efforts of the surgical team
- The PACU Registered Nurse addresses the physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual responses of the patient while maintaining an environment that ensures safety and compliance with administrative policies and procedures
- The PACU Registered Nurse has the requisite skills and knowledge to assess, diagnose, plan, intervene, and evaluate the outcomes of interventions
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Successful completion of Hospital and Departmental orientation programs.
- 1 year of nursing experience within area of desired practice.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 1 year of experience within PACU or Critical Care (required)
- Basic EKG Interpretation
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Currently, licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- BLS/CPR Certification
- ACLS & PALS are both required to have been obtained by your 6th month of employment with SHS. SHS will pay for you to obtain your ACLS & PALS but not to maintain it. If your ACLS & PALS has lapsed, SHS will pay for you to renew it on a one time basis.
- Sedation Credentialing preferred
$5,000 Sign-on-Bonus available
(Varied Shifts and On-call requirements)
- Self-Scheduling: 12-Hour Shifts - Days, Evenings or Nights
- Institutions: Teaching Hospital, Level 1 Trauma Center (MSH), Level 2 Trauma Center (HCH)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Long Term Care Insurance, Critical Illness & Accident Insurance, Wellness Program
- 403(b) match
- Flexible Spending, Health Savings accounts and voluntary benefits at group rates
- Train Shuttle
- Legal Protection Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Employee Discounts
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 557802610
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.