About Linde :
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit 6373596543700.
Job Overview :
- This role will lead installation, commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of analytical systems for bulk gas generation plants.
- This role will assist in the installation, commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of relevant instrumentation and controls systems for bulk gas generation plants.
- Understand and adhere to company safety work policies and operating practices. Report safety incidents and near misses.
- Start up, operate and maintain facility analyzers and analytical system components, including associated cylinders, tubing, purifiers, sample pumps, controls, and analyzer suites.
- Troubleshoot problems and perform corrective maintenance on analyzers and analytical system components.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and execute planned and preventative maintenance on analyzers and analytical system components.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and execute major installations, maintenance activities, calibration, testing and validation of analyzer systems.
- Oversee and manage contractor activities related to analyzers and analytical systems.
- Communicate status of analyzers and analytical systems to technicians, managers, contractors, and customers on a frequent routine basis.
- Communicate problem alerts and progress reports regarding analyzer and analytical systems to coworkers, managers, contractors, and customers as needed.
- Identify, procure, and manage spare and replacement system components.
- Prepare and execute projects to improve facility availability and reliability (focused on analytical, instrumentation, and control systems).
- Read, interpret, and maintain (as needed) P&IDs and schematic wiring diagrams in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, QA, and MOC policies.
- Support the maintenance and troubleshooting of industrial instrumentation such as control valves, actuators, positioners, transmitters and solenoids.
- Support the maintenance and troubleshooting of PLC/ DCS systems.
- Ensure all FDA-QA and SIS annual functional testing requirements are met (i.e. isolation circuit test, LTP testing, etc.)
- Understand process loop interaction and the impact on the process.
- Maintain work area housekeeping and organization.
This position requires a combination of office work and field work. The technician will support the operation of our facilities to ensure they are operated and maintained in a safe, reliable and environmentally friendly manner. The job requires a rotating on-call status. Some overtime, holiday, and afterhours work will be required. Employee must be able to access elevated electrical and mechanical equipment via ladders, scaffolding and man-lifts. Position may also require providing turnaround support within the region. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed to develop working relationships both internally with plants’ maintenance team and externally with customers and contractors. Ad hoc travels to customer sites or plants are required for this role. Compliance Trainings at customer sites must be completed to obtain/maintain access badges.
- Proven understanding of gas analyzers, gas chromatographs and similar equipment in an industrial environment.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively.
- Ability to read, interpret and revise engineering drawings such as P&IDs, electrical drawings.
- Highly proficient with standard software packages (Microsoft, Adobe) and working knowledge of HMIs and various analyzer software.
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship program or technical degree (Associate or Bachelor’s) or equivalent combination of work experience and technical education/training required.
- 5 years of related experience within the fields of customer service, UHP production systems, instrumentation and controls, and/or gas purity analysis desired.
- Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and codes.
- Capable of operating a forklift or overhead crane or man lift according to company policy.
- Capable to ascend tall structures and work at heights.
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized.
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Control Systems
- Customer Service
- Enterprise Application Software
- Field Studies