To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Clewiston, FL 33440
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
PASRR Evaluator - Contractor
KEPRO, Inc. • Clewiston, FL
Posted 18 days ago
PASRR Evaluator - Contractor
The PASRR Evaluator is responsible for completion of PASRR Level I screenings and clinical evaluations and determinations of individuals referred by acute care hospitals or nursing facilities for a Level II Pre-admission Screening and Resident Review. These are individuals with a suspected or confirmed serious mental illness and/or intellectual disability or related condition and who are seeking admission to a Medicaid certified nursing facility, or who are currently residing in a nursing facility whose physical and/or mental functioning has significantly changed. The PASRR Evaluator communicates with service providers, reviews available medical records, consults with family or other collateral sources, and interviews the patient. The PASRR Evaluator conducts a face-to-face assessment or reviews documentation and provides recommendations. This position has fantastic growth potential.
- Ensures accurate PASRR Level I screenings and Level II reviews through accurate clinical assessment of the patient, relevant records and collateral sources of individuals with suspected or confirmed mental illness to determine the presence of a Serious Mental Illness (SMI), as defined by 42 CFR 483.102(b)(1) and F.A.C. 59G-1.040(2)(m).
- Ensures accurate PASRR Level I screenings and Level II reviews through accurate clinical assessment of the patient, relevant records and collateral sources of individuals with suspected or confirmed intellectual disability or related condition to confirm or rule out the presence of an intellectual disability or related condition (ID/RC), as defined by 42 CFR 483.102(b)(3) and F.A.C. 59G-1.040(2)(b).
- Ensures accurate PASRR review completion by determining appropriate level of care based on the patient’s physical, behavioral and psychological functioning.
- Ensures compliance with necessary workflow include re-review of records based upon input from QA Director and/or Medical Director.
- Respond to state inquiries regarding evaluations conducted.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and conduct case consultations/peer reviews/internal auditing as assigned.
- Review current literature, regulations and research related to long term care, mental illness, medical conditions and geriatrics.
The list of accountabilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other education- and experience-related duties that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Licensed Registered Nurse, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Nurse Practitioner or Licensed Mental Health Counselor. Licensed by the state of Florida.
Skills, Knowledge Abilities
- Knowledge of Federal Regulation 42 CFR, Chapter 483 and F.A.C. 59G-1.040.
- Knowledge of psychiatric disorders as defined by the most current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual in use.
- Knowledge of standards of practice related to determination of Level of Care.
- Knowledge of standards of practice related to mental health, intellectual disabilities geriatric and other disorders.
- Knowledge and understanding of public sector services and supports.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to determine a clinical diagnosis accounting for psychological and behavioral issues.
- Ability to utilize computer equipment and web based software to conduct work.
- Ability to interact with various office staff as needed to support necessary workflows.
- Ability to interact with healthcare professionals, patients, their families and other supports.
- Ability to provide relevant training to clinical staff, including new hires.
- Ability to communicate effectively to individuals and groups through spoken, written and electronic media.
- Ability to attend to detail, effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a timely manner.
- Assesses and analyzes psychological, emotional, behavioral and physical functioning.
- Develops level of care recommendations based upon clinical evaluations.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the assessment and diagnosis of individuals with mental/psychiatric disorders, including complex differential diagnoses that are related to substance use, medical conditions, cognitive issues, and dementia.
- Experience with geriatric population is preferred but not required.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Minimum of (1) year of experience in working with individuals with intellectual disability or related conditions.
Mental and Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made as required by law in an attempt to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time; key and/or control objects; interact extensively with internal and external customers; occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds; and occasionally travel within the state.
Equal Opportunity Employer