Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Within Optum Advisory Services (aka consulting), the Data & Research function provides capabilities for Analytics that capitalizes on expertise in data, analysis, advanced methodologies, quality management, healthcare informatics, financial analysis, and custom data integration.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Reviewing client requirements for healthcare analytics tools/databases, and translating those requirements into functional specifications
- Analyze healthcare membership and claim cost/utilization data from multiple sources
- Collaborate with data engineers to extract, cleanse, enrich and QA membership and claims data
- Design and perform QA checks ensuring development efforts meet expectations
- Managing complex and high-volume production data processes
- Author and maintain documentation - test plans, project plans, data dictionaries, etc.
- Research healthcare data/information to identify and propose solutions
- Model accountability by meeting established expectations and taking responsibility for achieving results; encourage others to do the same
- Travel - 10% or less
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of Healthcare Industry experience, including claims and/or membership
- 2+ years of hands-on healthcare data analysis/profiling
- 2+ years Business Analyst experience, gathering requirements and writing specifications
- 1+ years of hands-on SQL experience (complex queries, joins, etc.) on relational databases
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience facilitating meetings
- Project coordination experience
- Proficiency with SAS
- Awareness of when to appropriately escalate issues/risks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
•All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.