Job Summary & Essential Functions:
The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position. The Program Manager II is responsible for the execution of all aspects of the program to ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with technical and contractual requirements, schedules and budgets. The Program Manager II is the focal point for the company for communications with the customer (internal / external) and is responsible to ensure customer requirements are flowed down to all functional departments.
1. . Focal point for customer communication and interface:
• Manages communications and relationships between Ducommun and its customers. Communication and tracking of customer scorecards and surveys.
• Focal / Leader for the Integrated Product Team (IPT).
• Represents the company in contacts with the customer and outside parties for all issues concerning the assigned program.
• Provide timely notification to management and customer of program cost, quality or schedule impact.
• Execution of New Product Introduction - Phase Gate Process.
• Provide a coordinated company response to customer requirements (commercial - technical) and inquiries (voice of the customer).
• Presentation of program reviews to Customer.
2. Internal Communication and interface:
• Communicate within IPT to assure proper coordination of customer requirements (schedule, recovery plans, reports, etc.). Ensure that the company's capabilities and business interests support customer requests.
• Manage program team to ensure efficient and effective goal attainment in support of the Program Management functional metrics, corporate policy, regulatory guidelines and budget parameters.
• Coordinate technical and operational requirements with stakeholders to ensure the voice of the customer has been achieved
• Coordinate the financial controls to integrate time phased budgets and program schedules that support contractual commitments and company goals.
• Communicate customer cost reduction and process improvement goals to company management and coordinate response that highlights/demonstrates company commitment to continuous improvement.
• Champion/lead Kaizen and Lean activities that drive improvement in both operational and administrative areas.
• Oversight of Program Management backlog/booking input into the MRP system to ensure alignment with company goals.
• Presentation of program reviews to Sr. Leadership.
3. Contract Management:
• Analyze and review all contracts to verify Terms and Conditions, Work Statements, Funding, Performance Periods, Deliverables, and other customer General Conditions. Coordinate review of terms and conditions with DCO Director of Contracts as necessary.
• Prepare negotiation plan and lead the negotiation team for all customer negotiations.
• Manage and track program compliance to purchase order requirements.
• Prepare assertions and claims to customer in accordance to contract parameters.
4. Operational Management:
• Responsible to coordinate with Operations Management to review requirements for programs as they relate to:
o Operational Performance:
• Metrics - development and execution
• KPI and TTI tracking on a monthly basis
• Day to day performance to plan (cost, quality and schedule)
o IPT development
o Planning for Capital Expenditures / preventive maintenance
5. Fiscal Management:
•Review program performance to provide ongoing visibility for project cost, margin and schedule (actual vs. projected).
•Provide input to Finance for individual program cash flow plans.
•Support the Finance Department for invoice submittal and in resolving late payment receipts and customer claims/assertions.
6. Development and growth of the Program:
•Responsible for oversight and management of business unit bookings, backlog, past due, receivables and sales forecasts.
•Manage and maintain business unit booking and sales tracking system that supports the company monthly summary reports.
•Coordinate planning and acquisition of follow-on business within the lead time constraints.
•Coordinate with Business Development to identify, strategize and capture new business opportunities.
•Travel to customers 30% of the time.
•Support customer cost reduction and process improvement activities that demonstrate the company's commitment to continuous improvement.
o Incorporation of lean methodologies • Kaizen Events
• Standard Work
• Value Stream Mapping
7. Proposal Management:
•Lead the Proposal Team in the development, preparation and customer submittal of proposals for new and follow-on business. Will have assistance by Estimating on cost development, schedule, and capital requirements.
•As required support customer / DCAA / DCMA audits.
Skills & Qualifications
Required Skills & Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
• Must possess the ability to lead without authority, negotiate and manage by influence.
• Strong people and time management skills are required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required; must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and across all organizational levels.
• Experience in production control, contracts management, project management or contracts management, are key talents.
• Detail oriented, positive friendly customer service are key attributes.
• Computer knowledge and skills, i.e. MS Office Suite - Word, Power Point and Excel is required.
• Basic understanding of lean and six sigma principles and methodologies.
• Experience with MRP systems is beneficial.
• Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
• Travel up to 30%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
• BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred.
• Certification in PMP and or CAPM required, Contracts Administration, Project Management a plus.
• 3-7 plus years in an aerospace or manufacturing environment.
• Program(s) oversight of 10-25 million or greater a plus.
• Supervisory experience a plus.
2222 East Pensar Drive
Appleton, Wisconsin, 54911
Determine Best Practices