CDR is an award-winning, full-service direct response fundraising agency with more than 30 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising and advocacy. Our staff of account executives, analysts, creatives, production specialists, media experts and strategy consultants work together to create some of the most effective, multi-channel fundraising solutions in the United States.
Our client’s missions are our purpose and our passion. Together, we raise money to transform lives.
CDR is a Moore company, the largest direct marketing firm in the country dedicated to the nonprofit, association, and government sectors ([ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accounting Manager (Hybrid) - CDR More about CDR and our clients can be found at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accounting Manager (Hybrid) - CDR
The Accounting Manager position is responsible for running the day-to-day accounting department for their assigned companies. The Manager is responsible for maintaining, communicating, and executing policies and procedures. The Accounting Manager will work hand and hand with the CFO to develop and drive continuous process improvements, and to ensure that proper internal controls are in place. Will provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Effectively manages the functions of the Accounting Department, ensuring timely and accurate processing in all areas of accounting.
- Responsible to develop, implement and communicate policies and procedures. Ensures adherence with proper internal controls. Drives continual process improvements.
- Directs the activities of assigned team to maintain effective and efficient operations while ensuring compliance with established standards and practices and fulfillment of critical deadlines.
- Supervises and evaluates performance for assigned team members.
- Develops and executes all necessary training for team, from new systems to upgrades and changes, ensuring that the team remains competent and flexible.
- Completes month-end journal entries.
- Handles intercompany transactions.
- Oversees reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Prepares schedules for annual review
- Reviews monthly financials for accuracy
- Provides service to other departments, including daily email requests and meetings.
- Processes credit applications and letters of guarantee.
- Handles special projects.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 5 years’ experience in accounting required.
- Must have experience supervising other Accounting Departments.
- Must have experience in all aspects of accounting.
- Prior work with NetSuite accounting software is strongly preferred.
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting required.
- Experience with the management of high-volume accounting strongly preferred.
- Strong customer-service and oral and written communication skills required and the ability to interact with all levels of staff and of management.
- Expertise in handling confidential and sensitive employee, customer, and company information.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently on multiple deadline-oriented projects, adaptable to changing conditions and requirements. Must be able to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills required, including Excel.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal staff and external suppliers.
- Ability to remain calm and collected under pressure.
- Other key competencies include effective problem-solving abilities; sound decision making and judgement; and a commitment to quality.
To help you stay energized, engaged, and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including healthcare, support for working parents and paid time off so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Each full-time position at CDR is eligible for our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical & prescription, dental and vision insurance, employer paid Life, a Health Savings Account plan, Flexible Spending Account plans for health and dependent care, voluntary Short-term and Long-term Disability coverage, and other voluntary benefit options. We offer paid holidays, paid personal leave, paid volunteer leave, and paid family leave. Employees have the option to participate in a company-sponsored 401(k) plan. Several benefit plans have eligibility waiting periods.
CDR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. CDR is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.