Job DescriptionJOB SNAPSHOT - Now HiringJob Title: Dispatch / Customer Service OperatorLocation: St. Petersburg/Tampa, FLEnvironment: Office Hourly Pay Rate: $13/hr.
*Schedules Available: Sunday - Wednesday 5:00PM - 1:00AM
Sunday - Wednesday 9:00AM - 5:00PM
*MUST have open availability (nights, days, and weekends) to work all shifts*
**No security license required!**General Job Functions:
Answer phones, administrative, communicationsIncluded Benefits/Perks:
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, No uniform fees/depositsWho is GardaWorld?
GardaWorld is the world’s largest privately-owned security services company. We protect our clients’ staff and assets, wherever they are in the world. We offer different schedules, diverse work assignments spanning multiple industries and career advancement opportunities. We encourage diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GardaWorld Security Services is looking for Security Officers to fulfill different assignments for our clients.JOB DESCRIPTION
The Regional Communications Center (RCC) Dispatcher
is responsible for timely and accurate telephone answering during a scheduled shift. The RCC operates 24-hours a day, 365-days a year. Dispatchers are an essential member of a team that supports safe and successful security services operations across the United States for GardaWorld US. The primary mission of the RCC is answering a persistent, high volume of telephone calls from clients, employees, prospects and managers, with higher volumes of activity after business hours. Dispatcher will answer calls and operate computer equipment, software and other technical equipment within the RCC facility, and will be responsible for communicating with internal and external information technology service providers in the event of disruptions to infrastructure, telecommunications or software applications. Job Responsibilities but are not limited to:
General Dispatch responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answer a high volume of telephone calls promptly and courteously, maintaining and communicating a positive, supportive voice presence during routine and emergency situations that reflects the mission, vision and values of GardaWorld Security Services.
- Make contemporaneous notes using computers, keyboard, mouse, and multiple software systems.
- Make emergency notifications to proper managerial personnel of any serious incidents following designated escalation and chain-of-command procedure.
- Follow GardaWorld information technology security protocol and policy to protect passwords and confidential information.
- During an emergency or service disruption, support business continuity operations in conjunction with the RCC Project Manager, branch management teams, Security Officers, customers, and internal and external technology support suppliers and resources.
QUALIFICATIONSGeneral Qualifications to work in Dispatch at GardaWorld include:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time, at least eight (8) hours for a complete work shift.
- Must be able to maintain visual acuity and alertness for long periods of time, especially when viewing video monitors, at least eight (8) hours for a complete work shift.
- Must have manual dexterity sufficient to manage telephones and computer equipment simultaneously.
- Must have excellent communication skills to effectively converse (verbally, personally and in writing) with internal and external customers.
- Must retain a professional, customer-service focused attitude when dealing with callers.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of skill using Microsoft Office applications, Internet browsers, and company provided computers, telephones, and peripherals.
- Must be able to follow instructions, post orders, and client contract requirements as presented or referenced in the context of daily telephone and incident response activities.
- Must exhibit a high level of visual and sensory skills such as those required to maintain alert monitoring of several computer screens comprised of multiple image or data displays to scan for changes, on-screen alerts or displayed messages.
- During and subsequent to an emergency or disaster response at the RCC or in the adjacent community, the Dispatch may be required to remain at the RCC for an extended period of time until additional management or emergency services personnel arrive to sustain on-site operations and may be required to relocate to other facilities to support remote operations for an undetermined period of time.
- Must be fluent in English, both speaking and writing.
- The ability to communicate fluently in either Spanish or French or both may be an advantage for future advancement opportunities.
- At least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements
- At least two (2) years of college credit toward a degree or a two-year Associate Degree, or,
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working full-time in a public safety or customer service call center operation.
Licensure #- B1200012
- Information Technology
- Emergency Handling
- Software Applications