The Accounting Assistant will report to the Divisional Controller. The individual will be responsible for ownership of the Accounts Payable process and will assist with daily, monthly, and annual GL reconciliation and analysis in a growth capacity. This position will also include performing ad hoc projects for the department as well as assisting with internal and external audits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare consolidation of Financial Statements by assisting with the month, quarter and year-end close process.
- Assist the accounting department during internal and external audits.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue and expense journal entries.
- Facilitate and complete support schedules according to month-end procedures.
- Complete ad-hoc projects and analysis assignments as instructed by internal management.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Excel.
- Highly detailed oriented and organized.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external partners to maximize performance, creativity and results.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal supervision from manager to accomplish objectives.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting.
- Desire to learn about the financial services industry.
- Accounting experience a plus but not required.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: ACCOU03199
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
In 1958, the Hankey Family owned 25% of Midway Ford; Don Hankey acquired full ownership of the Ford franchise dealership in 1972. Midway Ford is the originating company of the Hankey Group. Midway Car Rental and Westlake Financial Services began as complimentary business extensions of Midway Ford, providing rental car service and financing to Midway Ford customers who couldn’t get financing elsewhere. Each Hankey Group company holds a symbiotic relationship to the other. HFC Acceptance, a fleet finance and leasing company, focused on commercial financing to rental agencies that purchased vehicles from Midway Ford. Nowcom’s DealerCenter provides a multi-lender and DMS platform for used car dealerships, featuring Westlake Financial Services as a preferred lender. Additionally, Nowcom provides IT support for all Hankey Group companies. Hankey Investment Company is a private real estate investment firm that procures real estate for Hankey Group and manages around $1.7B in assets, comprised of real properties ($743M) and commercial loans ($972M). Since 1985, Knight Insurance Company, a Cayman Islands company, together with its domestic affiliates KnightBrook Insurance Company and Knight Specialty Insurance Company, have partnered with North Hollywood Toyota, Westlake Financial and Midway Auto Group to provide consumers with various auto-related insurance products and services.
View the full profile