We are looking to hire experienced owner’s rep construction project managers to join our client-based in team in the San Antonio, TX area. The successful applicants will direct project management services on assigned JLL client, providing superior client service.
- Oversees project implementation and execution through completion of construction.
- May manage small, ground-up projects including programming, design, entitlements, bidding, permitting, and construction management.
- Proficient at managing projects up to 25k RSF. May assume responsibility up to 75k RSF.
- Oversees capital improvement/asset preservation programs with design and construction processes at multiple sites through local resources, with minimal oversight.
- Develops or assists in developing project budget including hard and soft costs.
- Begins to manage or assists in managing project budgets for subject properties and maintain monthly forecasts and cash flow analysis.
- Assists in or may be responsible for project scheduling and project decisions based upon owners’ objectives which may include, but is not limited to: site improvements, entitlements, permits, consultant selection; design team management, schedule creation and management, contractor selection and management, financial management including cash flows, anticipated cost reports and monthly reports.
- Assists in or assembles and manages required teams of consultants and contractors. (Negotiates contracts with each team member; Interfaces with architects, client staff, property managers and vendors).
- Maintains client relationships and may assist in or manages conflict resolution.
- Provides appropriate level of on-site supervision to ensure project performance criteria are being met.
- Develops relationships with consultants/contractors/vendors and evaluate their performance.
- Operates independently on activities relevant to project. Defers policy issues and employment related issues to higher management levels.
Growth of the Company
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.) to Manager or Project Lead.
- Assists in training and developing JLL team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices expected for a successful project implementation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management preferred.
YEARS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- 2-5 years as PM or APM or similar role.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Firm knowledge of construction, architecture or commercial real estate industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with executive level internal & external clients
- Organizational & detailed-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage differing needs of the business.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Proficient with MS Project or other scheduling software.
- Ability to multi-task working within a team structure and independently.
- Assumes complete responsibility for assignments of moderate complexity, and continues to aggressively improve skill base.
- LEED, AIA, PE, PMP desired
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS & WORK CONDITIONS
- Position will work primarily at client site or project location with potential daily client and contractor interaction.
- Face to face and/or remote daily interpersonal interaction is usually required in order to perform the job.
- Travel as needed and may range from 0-5 nights per month.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see URL blocked - click to apply or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.