To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Grand Rapids, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Maintenance Manager
Bimbo Bakeries USA • Grand Rapids, MI
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsibilities include leading an efficient team of mechanics in a baking facility incorporating the highest standards of safety, quality and sanitation. Drives the IPM culture through cross functional teams. Assures effective PM programs to achieve world class waste and downtime goals, high levels of communication, maintaining budget guidelines and environmental compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Executes the plant’s preventative and predictive maintenance program to ensure reliable operational performance of bakery equipment and processes.
• Plans, organizes, directs and controls the work performed by Mechanics utilizing the plant’s PM program.
• Provide technical support for PLCs, electrical and mechanical systems or equipment.
• Manage and improve all the components and software required to efficiently operate a primarily automated manufacturing line.
• Monitors Maintenance KPIs and PM system reports and uses these reports to initiate remedial actions to improve maintenance performance.
• Inspect completed work for conformance to specifications and standards.
• Meet project completion time lines.
• Verify compliance to Governmental requirements (OSHA, EPA, FDA)
• Requisition tools, equipment and supplies.
• Responsible for training engineering, maintenance and contractor personnel on Lock-Out / Tag-Out, Confined Space, Hazard Material Handling and Personal Protective Equipment.
• Ensure that maintenance procedures are completed in line with company policies and standards.
• Must be able to ascend and descend building stairways, ladders and ramps to reach job assignments and perform tasks required in job classification. Specific tasks require standing for long periods, climbing, reaching above shoulders, walking, lifting, grasping, kneeling, bending and twisting.
• Must have mental and visual ability to identify various product varieties, read charts of posted manufacturing standards as well as scale weights and equipment controls.
• Job duties are varied and spread over a number of locations in the plant. Therefore, special assignments can be created on a case-by case basis.
• Perform all other related assignments including assisting and training of other associates as required by Supervision.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
• Technical degree in a related field or AIB Maintenance Resident Course a plus.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years of maintenance supervisory experience ideally in a fresh baked goods, bread and muffin or food manufacturing facility or other process manufacturing environment, and strong communication, leadership, and team building skills.
• Strong PLC knowledge base required.
• Operational background in electrical circuitry, and bread and roll production equipment repair.
• Some refrigeration and fuel burning equipment knowledge a must.
• Must be computer literate and have effectively built, developed and led teams.
• Mental and visual ability to identify various parts and read mechanical and electrical drawings, instructions, gauges, micrometers, etc.
• Worker subject to inside work, protected from weather conditions as well as outside conditions. Worker subjected to temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour that is process related and more extreme in summer months.
• Worker subject to noise sufficient to require hearing protection in designated areas.
• Worker subject to hazards such as proximity to moving parts, electrical current, and moving objects carrying considerable weight and force.
• Capable of working in environment of flour dust.
• Work requires the ability to read, write and communicate in English in order to understand and follow work and safety instructions. Must be able to perform basic arithmetic to include adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.