We’re seeking a Controls Discipline Lead in Appleton, WI to provide direction and technical expertise for the implementation of Controls projects for the consumer products sector. You’ll be responsible for the development of detailed scope of work documents, schedules and estimates to meet project requirements. You’ll be key in developing new business, while working closely with other disciplines during project implementation to produce a coordinated overall design. We’ll lean on you to work closely with client contacts and project managers to develop and foster client alliances, in keeping with the Jacobs relationship-based business model. We will depend on you to effectively develop creative controls hardware and software solutions, and to apply those solutions to our customer’s challenges, both in the office and in the field. And, you’ll develop, maintain and update work processes related to the execution of electrical and controls hardware and software. We’ll also tap into your expertise as you provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced design and engineering personnel.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Bring your curiosity, passion for innovation, and talent for multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. We’ll help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what inspires you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
• Demonstrated experience required in the development and implementation of industrial controls software and hardware in the process industries, with a preferred background in the consumer products space
• BS or Associates Degree in an engineering discipline
• Rockwell controls systems exposure, including, but not limited to--ControlLogix and related PLC platforms, and Rockwell family of servo drives (Kinetix 6000, Kinetix 5700)
• Knowledge of industrial Ethernet and legacy controls network topologies. (ControlNet, Profibus, etc.)
• Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC)
• Knowledge and exposure of low voltage power distribution in an industrial setting
• Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Exposure to medium voltage power distribution
• Development history with the Wonderware suite of HMI products, GE iFix and Rockwell Factorytalk HMI platform
• Exposure to Industry 4.0 and IoT related technologies. (SQL, Smart Sensors, etc.)
• Exposure to vision platforms. (Cognex, Keyence)
• Extensive experience with high speed converting processes.
• Extensive knowledge and history of application of the following codes and standards:
• NFPA 70E
• EN ISO 13849-1
• Excellent communication ability across multiple teams.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ] .
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Consumer Product
- Human Computer Interaction
- Implement Projects