Protects life and property of all persons on the Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) premises and patrols buildings and grounds to prevent fire, theft and vandalism. Observe, learn, and train with experienced Security Officers. Secures, unlocks, protects and patrols YKHC buildings (Interior/Exterior). Responds to security needs of YKHC personnel. Patrols with YKHC vehicle. Ensure the safety and security of the people and YKHC property in their designated area. Use surveillance equipment, access control points, and alarms, as well as physically patrolling in designated area on foot. Will periodically tour the assigned facility to identify any irregularities, observe protection and fire control equipment, uphold order, and enforce regulations for the facility in regards to the premises, personnel and visitors. Inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Follow procedures and respond to all fire drills. Monitoring public and Camera Systems, Locking/Unlocking Doors and buildings. Deter crime, to prevent theft, and be a first responder for emergency and non-emergency situations. Writing Activity logs and Reports, recording daily events and illegal activity. Responds to all YKHC codes and emergency Preparedness events/ incident and provides traffic control. Manages the YKHC wheelchairs. Provide excellent customer service and phone etiquette. Work closely with law enforcement and fire department, maintaining peace and reporting unlawful activity. Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- No experience and/or prior security experience recommended
- Current, valid Alaska driver’s license ability to acquire upon hiring and
- Current CPR certification (or obtain both within ninety (90) days of employment)
- Office machines (i.e., multi-line telephones, computers, copy machines, etc.)
- Basic computer skills to use email system and report writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Yupik/English preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for up to 12 hours and available for recall during 24 hour operations.
- Capable of following complex instructions
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
- Emergency Handling
- Computer Literacy
- Traffic Control
- Certified First Responder
- Emergency Preparedness
- Law Enforcement