At OneAmerica, we deliver on promises when customers need us most. We believe the best way to serve our customers is to know that every individual, employee, family and business we work with has unique personal and financial goals. We keep our promises, so we can help them achieve their goals and realize their definition of financial success.
Our Customer Engagement Associates are the heart of OneAmerica, providing customers with information about their life or disability benefits, claim filing, status of an active claim, and payment information. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who have a passion for providing excellent customer engagement. You'll start learning our business from day one and be entrusted to serve as the voice of OneAmerica to our patrons, business partners and operations.
The successful Customer Engagement Associate displays a strong level of emotional intelligence, can work well under pressure, and has already mastered strong professional and technical skills.
What You'll Do:
* Bring a 'customer comes first' mentality every day!
* Receive inbound calls to assist our customers with their benefits questions and concerns, assisting them in increasing their financial confidence in their benefit plan
* Work well within a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multi-task effectively.
* Maintain a sense of ownership and be a self-starter and have a strong attention to detail
* Create and maintain respectful relationships with peers
Why you'll love working here and what we can offer you:
* Competitive benefits package, including a performance incentive bonus
* Insurance eligibility first of month after 25 days of employment
* 401(k) Plan with strong company match AND pension plan - 100% vesting after 5 years
* Employee Referral Bonuses - $250+ depending on the position level
* Personal and leadership development programs with rapid career growth opportunities
* Ability to work from home. We provide thorough paid training and all equipment to work virtually.
* Monday through Friday work schedule
What You'll Need:
* High-speed internet connection with the space to work remotely.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree preferred.
* Experience working in a customer focused environment
* Prior experience working in a high-volume call center environment preferred
* Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume customer engagement environment and meet deadlines
* Strong communication and customer service skills
* Demonstrated technical and analytic skills
* Possess a desire to work in a team environment
* Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, organized, a self-starter and handle multiple tasks
* Must be able to work scheduled hours (between the hours of 8:00 AM through 6:00 PM EST).
Salary Band: 1B
As a condition of employment, OneAmerica requires that all new hires who receive a job offer on or after April 18, 2022 provide evidence of full or partial vaccination against COVID-19 within three days of accepting an offer letter with OneAmerica and before employment begins. If applicable, new hires must submit proof that they have received the second dose of a two dose COVID-19 vaccine within 30 days after their first dose is complete. If a new hire wishes to submit a request to be exempt from the mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy due to a medical condition, sincerely held religious belief or other legal requirement, the associate will have three days after an offer of employment has been accepted to submit their exemption request for review and consideration by OneAmerica.
This selected candidate will be expected to work remote. The candidate may also be expected to physically return to the office in IN as business needs dictate or for team-building and collaboration.
If you are offered and accept this position, please be advised that OneAmerica does not have any offices located in the State of New York and OneAmerica associates are not permitted to work remotely in the State of New York.
Disclaimer: OneAmerica is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For all positions:
Because this position is regulated by the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act, if an offer is made, applicants must undergo mandated background checks as a condition of employment. Such background checks include criminal history. A conviction is not necessarily an absolute bar to employment. Consistent with applicable regulatory guidelines and law, factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered.
To learn more about our products, services, and the companies of OneAmerica, visit oneamerica.com/companies.
- Attention To Detail
- Call Centers
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Service