Assistant Dedicated Revenue Manager
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Formed in 1924, Cowan Systems enjoys a history of excellence and quality in the Transportation industry. Due to continued growth, Cowan Systems is seeking an Assistant Dedicated Revenue Manager for our corporate office in Baltimore, Maryland.
Cowan Systems, LLC is National truckload carrier that specializes in providing high quality dedicated fleet service for companies requiring first-rate performance. Cowan Systems offers dedicated fleet services which provide a customized transportation package designed to meet the specific needs of the shipper, such as specialized equipment, strict timetables and custom reporting. Cowan Logistics sources the optimal method of transporting our customers freight as efficiently as possible while maintaining unprecedented service and reliability. Cowan Systems is the premier single source provider for warehousing and distribution needs in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic area. Our 100% supply chain solution includes local and long haul trucking in and out of Cowan facilities.
The Assistant Dedicated Revenue Manager will report to the Dedicated Revenue Manager and collaboratively be responsible for the Dedicated Revenue team. The Assistant Dedicated Revenue Manager will help implement new procedures, audit team members invoices to verify accuracy, create procedural documentation and train new and/or existing employees. He or she will have a full understanding of all accounts and operational routing and dispatching of drivers for the specific fleet at hand. The Assistant Dedicated Revenue Manager will be responsible for delivering weekly accurate invoices to our dedicated customers free of errors while complying with deadlines. He or she will be the liaison between the Dedicated Revenue team and our Operations team. They will also be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day management of the team including approving time, PTO requests, professional development, reviews and disciplinary action.
The Assistant Dedicated Revenue Manager will receive ongoing instruction, training, and practice. He or she will gain a comprehensive understanding of Cowans dispatch software, operational reporting tools, and be able to effectively produce accurate weekly invoices for our customers.
The ideal candidate must have a strong analytical background, communication skills, and advanced knowledge of Excel. Prior management experience is required.
Essential Job Functions:
* Work directly with Operations, Accounts Receivable and Billing Departments.
* Collaborate with upper management, executives and terminal managers regarding invoicing procedures, account issues and contractual changes.
* Communicate directly with customers regarding billing concerns.
* Assist the Accounting department regarding outstanding invoice balances.
* Audit weekly dispatch data and execute resolution on any continuity issues found.
* Manage ticket system and workload step in and complete tickets as needed.
* Develop internal KPIs to help capture errors and evaluate team/workload.
* Effectively improve department processes and procedures to increase efficiency.
* Provide professional development and feedback to team members while maintaining team/employee morale.
* Identify potential errors made on invoices and give feedback as needed.
* Successfully carry out internal and external reports on an as needed basis.
* Support team by acting as back up during an absence.
* Retain procedural information with note taking.
* Manage invoice priorities and workload responsibilities.
* Well versed in Excel using advanced functions and formulas.
* Ability to work successfully and professionally in a team environment.
* Self-motivated and focused to complete tasks with limited supervision and instruction.
* Strong organizational and time management skillsable to meet strict deadlines.
* Detail oriented, accurate and possesses analytical capabilities.
* High level of interpersonal communication skillsoral and written.
* Effective at demonstrating good judgment and initiative to make sound business decisions based on multiple data sources.
* Ability to communicate, establish credibility and influence change within all levels of the organization.
* Prior management experience
As a full time employee with Cowan Systems LLC, you will be eligible for full benefit packages (Medical, Dental, Vision), Life, Short and Long Term Disability, 401(k) options, and paid time off.
- Attention To Detail
- Interpersonal Communications