HVAC - Regional Sales Manager
Daikin Comfort Technologies Distribution, Inc., is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Regional Sales Manager position for our Sales Operations group located at our Irvine, CA territory. The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will play a leading role in aggressively growing Daikin sales in the defined region through sales channel partners. The company expects significantly high growth in the HVAC sector, exceeding market expansion. Exceed business targets for operating profit and sales revenue. Substantially increase Daikins market share for ductless and VRV products in the Region. Provide leadership and functional management to all sales partners and the sales team in the region.. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Regional Sales Manager and submitting your resume.
Why work with us?
> Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
> Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
> Growth Opportunities - there is immense opportunities to grow your career
> You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by Daikin Industries, Ltd. Responsibilities
May include, in addition to;
- Ensure that the entire regional sales team adheres to Daikins Code of Business Conduct, core values, corporate policies, procedures and standards.
- Meet or exceed the budget for sales, operating profit and market share goals for all customer groups within a predefined regional geography.
- Manage Daikin and regional resources to resolve any and all customer concerns. Provide timely follow up and communication of issue resolution to all internal and external stake holders.
- Proactively drives sales performance and customer focus across the entire region by being an engaged and highly motivational leader, mentor and coach.
- Benchmark, mentor and develop a highly capable, efficient and consultative regional sales organization that meets or exceeds regional sales objectives through a collaborative and interactive performance management structure.
- Establish annual, quarterly and monthly sales objectives adhering to the regional business plan.
- Develop and maintain a strong business pipeline for the region, ensuring each member of their sales team proactively monitors, reports and expands the quality of each stage of project sales activity utilizing provided Daikin City, quotation and design software.
- Monitor regional project, customer and employee development targets on a weekly basis and communicates monthly results to sales leadership.o As required develop remedial action plans to meet or exceed pipeline and dealer development goals on a weekly basis with regional team.
- Provide monthly regional updates to Senior Leadership using Daikin planning tools and reporting templates.
- Provide monthly forecast of sales activity for Daikin inventory planning using Daikin tools and templates.
- Maintain, influence, and develop senior C level relationships with all key and target sales partner companies ensuring Daikin has; a primary position in the sales partners strategy and plan, dedicated resources investment and business development priority.
- Coordinate the specific objectives of the regional sales plan with all of the functional departments of the company and most specifically with Product Marketing, Sales Planning, Finance, and Credit Control.
- Establish market, channel and target customer strategies for each sales partner within the region, in coordination and collaboration with the sales partner and Senior Leadership using Daikin tools and templates
- Hold regional customer and employee accountable for meeting or exceeding plan targets through monthly Daikin customer performance management process
- Develop specialist rep channel into a VRV centric business model where is exists within the region
- Coordinate with Director or Strategic Accounts and VP of National Accounts key customer support requirements and opportunities to assist in expanding the ductless and VRV product opportunities within the region
- Define and manage the monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives for regional sales personnel within a clearly defined performance management structure
- Travel a significant portion of time within the region, both with individual accounts, and co-traveling with sales team personnel
- Identify and recommend regional strategies to develop existing and potential business and to increase area contact and coverage
- Track and report local market and industry trends, competitor activities and leading customer strategies.
- Utilizing a consultative approach, use feedback and detailed analysis to establish and maintain key customer relationships
- Ensure all regional sales related expenditures remain within agreed budget guidelines
- Manage the overall pricing strategy to achieve the regions sales objectives with maximum gross profit dollar effectiveness
- Ensure the regional credit exposure, collection, and overdue ratios remain within set company guidelines.
- Ensure the sales team has identified and communicated the need for the appropriate processes and systems to execute regional sales plan effectively and achieve financial targets
- Identify and communicate regional product gaps and mix affecting sales performance to Product Management and Senior Management
- Represent regional sales management at Daikin and industry events
- Raise any legal concern, commentary, or threat of legal action to supervisor or other appropriate stakeholde
Nature & Scope:
- Ensures work is aligned with the Directors expectations, goals, and vision
- Develops and drives processes for implementing strategic plans
- Develops departmental plans, including business, production, operational and/or organizational priorities in fastchanging businesses and/or regulatory environments
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives where independent thought and judgment is required for determining the appropriate course of action
- Works on complex issues and projects
- Provides guidance and training to managers, supervisors, and high-level professionals
- Has accountability for multiple departments or areas
- Level of signing authority established by company policy/guidelines
Knowledge & Skills:
- Highly motivational leader, proactively driving sales performance and customer focus across the entire company
- Define and manage the monthly and annual sales objectives for all of the sales personnel
- Responsible for coordinating the specific objectives of the sales plan with all of the functional departments of the company and most specifically with Sales Planning, Finance, Marketing, and Logistics
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with REP principals
- Comprehensive knowledge of sales management platforms, systems and processes
- Comprehensive knowledge of HVAC products and services, customers, decision makers, sales processes and market trends
- Strong sales and business development skills
- Outstanding consultative selling and interpersonal skills
- Management / Leadership skills coaching, talent development, performance management, mentoring experience
- Excellent analytical skills ability to translate data into usable information that applies to business decisions
- Strong strategic planning, vision, organization and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills including strong business acumen
- Ability to prioritize and function in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects
- Ability to work effectively with peers, subordinates and superiors across complex organizations
- Comprehend and apply internal control processes
- Positive flexible attitude, with a can-do approach to solving challenges
- Perform additional projects/duties to support ongoing business needs
- 10+ years general business experience with HVAC wholesale experience
- 5 + years of sales leadership and/or branch management; experience in a HVAC sales environment is a huge advantage
- Bachelors Degree or may consider relevant equivalent work experience
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations. Travel is required
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a persons race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.
- Business Development
- Business Requirements
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Commercial Awareness