To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PE Sustainability Intern - Summer 2019
UPS • Atlanta, GA
Posted 5 days ago
If you’re looking for a valuable opportunity with the global leader of logistics, UPS has an internship for you! UPS is seeking an energetic and dynamic intern to join our Plant Engineering Sustainability Team, during the upcoming semester. If this sounds like your ideal opportunity, we want to hear from you!
The Plant Engineering/Sustainability Intern will learn about and contribute to the improvement of UPS’s corporate Plant Engineering and sustainability strategies and projects. He/She supports the execution of various sustainability initiatives and engagement plans. He/She provides expertise regarding various processes and procedures that effect sustainability, verifies compliance with internal and external requirements and regulations, and assists in the implementation of strategic objectives that drive safety and sustainability performance throughout the organization. The Sustainability Intern interacts with a variety of leadership and field personnel to support our efforts of continuous improvement with Sustainability initiatives.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducts market and competitive research to identify development opportunities and sustainability improvements
- Assists in analysis, discovery, and execution of sustainability improvements to reduce waste and reduce environmental impact
- Interacts with a variety of leadership and field personnel to support efforts of continuous improvement with sustainability initiatives
- Promotes employee engagement and awareness for sustainability
Knowledge and Skills
- Rising college junior or senior, or recent graduate within the last 24 months
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills for cross-functional projects with internal groups such as Environmental Affairs, Communications, Public Relations, Engineering teams, etc.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communications, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Access and PowerPoint)
- Available to work 40 hours per week
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science or related field - Preferred
- GPA of 3.0 or higher - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law