Work location will be:
425 Better Way
Make your mark with us!
To learn more about working at U.S. Venture, watch this video: URL blocked - click to apply
The Internal Audit Staff position will add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to risk management, internal control, and governance processes. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of internal audit, accounting and internal control concepts and provide an independent, objective and constructive view.
- Be a consultant and catalyst for improvement by assisting management in the improvement of internal controls and management of risk by providing value-add internal control and business process recommendations.
- Test the effectiveness of established internal control activities by examining records, reports, operating practices and related support, and document test findings and report to management.
- Assist in the maintenance of the internal control frameworks by understanding control processes and recommending new or alternative controls, policies and/or procedures to mitigate risk and improve efficiency.
- Partner with finance and operational management and conduct specific risk assessments/audits of high risk transactions, activities or functional areas and provide recommendations to mitigate risk, improve efficiency and/or reduce cost.
- Partner with management and assist in the facilitation of the company’s Enterprise Risk Management process.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Public Accounting experience and CPA or CIA preferred (2 years).
- An understanding of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Sound independent judgment.
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task
U.S. Venture, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristic. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call Human Resources at URL blocked - click to apply.
Sarbanes Oxley Act (Sox) Compliance
Certified Public Accountant
Certified Internal Auditor
Certified Fraud Examination