We are currently in need of a Certified Medical Assistant for a large medical practice near Trumbull, CT. The person chosen for this role must be professional and have previous medical assisting experience.
- Performs patient care responsibilities as assigned
- Taking & Recording Patient Medical History
- Set up patient for various exams, and accompany them to their exam/procedure room
- Assist physician during exams
- Perform minor lab procedures such as: urinalysis, hemoglobin & hematocrit, urine culture, throat culture, fingerstick, venipuncture, injections, etc.
- Conduct eye exam, height and weight
- Comprehensive understanding of medications
- Obtain pre-authorizations when necessary
- Sets up instruments and equipment according to department protocol
- Answers calls and return calls in a timely manner
- Sends/receives patient medical records and abstracts new patient records into EPIC
- Completes forms/requisitions as needed.
Routine administrative functions such as:
- Greeting patients/visitors, answering calls, scheduling appointments, maintaining/scanning patient medical records
- Use of practice management software
- Use of email
- Ability to complete medical forms
- Understanding of patient confidentiality
- Orders, sorts and stores supplies following established department policy
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings
- Previous medical assisting experience
- EMR experience preferred
- Epic experience preferred
- Excellent, organizational, communication, customer service and teamwork skills required.
- Ability to multi-task is essential
- Bilingual preferred but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.