JOB TITLE: Member Service Specialist III
DEPARTMENT: Branch Channel Delivery
STATUS: Non- Exempt
JOB CODE: 2401
Provide members the highest level of service available in an efficient and courteous manner. Process monetary transactions within assigned limits, maintain accurate records and balance each day’s transactions in accordance with established policies and procedures. Proactively engage with members to identify products and services designed to assist them in achieving their financial goals. Answer questions, and direct members to appropriate department for specialized services.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Processes and audits financial transactions including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, payments and general ledger entries while maintaining a cash drawer.
- Provides Golden 1 services to member, including but not limited to cashier’s checks, money orders, savings bonds, wire transfers and transactions, additional sub-shares, and debit card issuance.
- Assesses members needs while processing transactions.
- Identifies opportunities to help members relative to Golden 1 product or service offerings and documents in EnAct system.
- Identifies and report fraudulent activity to management and Financial Investigations dept., in accordance with current procedures to prevent potential loss to the credit union.
- Assists in the proper operation of the ATM and Teller Cash Dispenser Units including, but not limited to, replacing receipt cartridge, clearing a blockage, etc.
- May be required to take the lead for open and closing responsibilities in the absence of MSS IV and above.
- Activates alarm.
- Verifies signature cards in ECM (Enterprise Content Management).
- Check acceptance approval within assigned limits.
- Ensures confidentiality of all member and credit union information.
- Maintains current knowledge of all Golden 1 products and services, as well as of policies and procedures for teller functions.
- Performs additional responsibilities essential to the operations of the branch (TCR, SBO, Safe deposit box, etc...), as needed.
- Opens deposit and specialty accounts (e.g., Roth IRA) and identifies members’ financial service needs to ensure members are provided with meaningful financial solutions.
- Mentors and advises MSSI’s and MSSII’s.
- Develops coaching and leadership skills by observation and training courses.
- Engages in consultative dialogue with members to identify current and future financial needs and documents in EnAct system.
- Enroll members in the different channels that Golden 1 uses: online, mobile, etc.
- Refer member’s home lending/investment needs to the appropriate business partner through EnAct referrals.
- Process consumer loan applications and completes the fulfillment of loan when appropriate.
- Approves signature cards.
- Audits loan reports and provides coaching as needed to avoid future errors.
- Provide approvals based on authorized limits as assigned by the Branch Manager.
- Notarizes member documents (certification of trust, etc.).
- Collects medallion stamp request information and sends to MSS IV or above for approval.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
COMMUNICATION & INTERACTIONS:
- Interacts professionally with members.
- Communicates in a professional manner (proper grammar, punctuation and tone) in both written and verbal communication.
- Effective listener. Communicates with empathy.
- Associates member needs based on conversation to G1 products and services.
- Overcomes basic objection or resistance through conversation.
- Works as part of a team.
- Accepts constructive feedback positively and utilize it to help personal and professional development.
- Ability to have a consultative dialogue by asking effective questions and connecting to answer to solutions offered by G1.
- Communicates the ""why"", not just the ""how"" or ""what".
- Overcomes member objections and resistance with a calming and reassuring presence
- Demonstrates polished presentation skills, e.g.: Speaks clearly and confidently; Communicates in a clear and concise manner; able to convey complicated information in an understandable manner to the audience.
- Demonstrates networking skills, e.g.: Asks effective questions and processes answers; speaks with sincerity; uses positive language; makes friends—not contacts; follows-up on networking conversations.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
INTERNAL: Participates in team meetings. Frequent routine and complex verbal and written communication with the following departments: Branch Network, Home Loan Reps, IT Help Desk, Deposit Account Servicing, Financial Advisors, Member Development Officers, Call Center (MSCC), Fraud Management, MSSI Training, Loan Processing and Underwriting. Internal conversations are more research focused (e.g., fraud avoidance and account research)
EXTERNAL: Frequent transaction related interactions and consultative conversations with members. Follows-up and initiates conversation with potential members identified at marketing and table events. May be required to sign-in outside vendors and visitors as needed.
EDUCATION: High School or GED required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum two plus year of prior experience in a banker role at another financial institution or customer relationship building role preferred, plus and 1 year as a Member Service Specialist II or teller role at Golden 1 or another financial institution preferred.
- Fosters a positive and engaging work environment. Treating others with courtesy and respect.
- Inspires others through words and actions and embracing G1's mission, vision and core values.
- Displays positive, outgoing, and empathetic attitude.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Takes on any task required to meet or exceed all team objectives.
- Takes the initiative to identify, investigate and resolve member issues, including operational and support situations.\
- Willingness and flexibility in taking on new responsibilities as business requires.
- Willingness to learn and master new and emerging banking technology.
- Presents Golden Services (Internal/External).
- Assumes Positive Intent in all communication.
- Functional: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Advanced knowledge in the following areas: Federal Rules and Regulations as applied to credit unions, G1 products (consultative), deposit fulfillment (with Subshares) and Fulfillment, Deposit Services, Lending Services, employee handbook, Knowledge Base (G1 policies and procedures), cash handling, teamwork, and customer service.
- Technical: Basic knowledge in the following systems/applications: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), eFunds, Bridger, Card @ Once, EnAct (referrals, uncovering opportunities and reviewing balances), ECM, Springboard, DSUI / TNav, Wire Exchange, SBO, HRIS (ADP), Concur, Relationship Manager.
- Proficient adding profiles and updating tasks, activities and notes in EnAct. Proficient in Maestro and LPQ.
- Prolonged standing throughout the workday. A teller stool is provided as may be needed.
- Ability to lift up to thirty pounds.
- Ability to frequently move about the branch to accomplish tasks.
- Corrected hearing within normal range. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Corrected vision in the normal range.
- Possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, including an adding machine and typewriter, if needed.
Certified Notary Public, if required for specific branch.
- Bank Secrecy
- Call Centers
- Computer Terminals