For more than 40 years, American Home Shield has protected homeowners by providing affordable protection against home system component and appliance breakdowns. As the leader in the home warranty industry, we have a network of more than 11,000 pre-screened home service contractors and 45,000 professional technicians that provide convenient, reliable expert service to our customers .
What is this role about?
As the HR Manager of an assigned contact center, you will be responsible for helping your department shape our road map in leading and executing our key HR initiatives that support the frontdoor/American Home Shield vision, managing the administration of HR organizational policies and procedure, providing a positive employee environment, and providing consultative services to employees and management .
What does a "Day-in-the-Life" look like?
- Strategically lead and fully execute key HR initiatives that support the frontdoor/American Home shield vision.
- Guide leaders and frontline employees regarding company policies, values, HR program administration (benefits, pay, and salary) and interpretation to ensure policies and procedures are executed across the site.
- Ensure activities are compliant for all state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Handle workplace investigations, disciplinary, and termination procedures. Coach management on performance counseling and discipline procedures, corrective actions, and other employment actions.
- Create an environment of positive employee practices, working with employees and leaders.
- Partner with leadership teams on performance management to develop pipeline and succession plans.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and business partners to support recruiting and selection process.
- Build and maintain partnerships with contact center leadership and corporate partners to understand business drivers; advise and facilitate on strategic and operational decisions; and ensure the HR function meets business needs by advising on HR solutions, understanding workforce needs, and providing consultation and recommendations. Work with leadership to address HR concerns and mitigate impact.
- Champion the orientation process for new hires, providing clarity and connection for all employees in their role in relation to the overall vision.
- Serve as liaison to lead ongoing review of organization’s health and culture. Maintain strong partnerships that unify various segments of the business within the local center as well as across the business.
- Manage department staff and is accountable for the performance and the results of the team.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in human resources or a related field
- 1-2 years management experience
- Knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to travel overnight on an occasional basis
- HR certification (PHR/SPHR) strongly preferred
- Understanding and experience with employee relations, staffing, performance management, leadership development, coaching, and training
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items
- Powerful and confident communication skills with the ability to effectively present to all levels of the organization
- Ability to understand the business operations from both a strategic and tactical perspective
- Previous talent management and organizational planning experience
- Demonstrable ability to influence decision-making with leaders and business partners
- Courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism and poise
- Comfortable working in ambiguous business situations
- Consultative style and approach with ability to develop credible relationships with business partners
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
- Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating. *CB*
Supply Chain Management