IT Cloud Engineer
Responsible for the architecture and deployment of the components and services in our cloud technologies layers (government and commercial), making decisions on IaaS, PaaS, open source, and purchased software underpinning both platforms and applications. Aligns to our strategy of being cloud agnostic with primary deployment to Azure and supports potential cloud services with AWS or other platforms, as needed. Works with the IT Cloud Architect and acts as a member of the CCoE (Cloud Center of Excellence) to advocate cross-organizational relationships. Brings an “everything as code” mentality to bear as we continue to modernize our practices, culture, and engineering. Drives change into our cloud technology layers as application, platform, and technology requirements evolve.
- Works with infrastructure, security and platform architects across multiple teams to ensure our cloud technologies layers provide scalable and resilient services that are productive and efficient to use.
- Executes proof of concepts (POCs) to evaluate new cloud services and capabilities; participate in the development and review of code that creates and runs our cloud.
- Performs Azure cloud development and design work that may include logical system design, cloud architecture analysis and design, and systems engineering.
- Works closely with development, analyst, QA, and system administration teams to provide a stable, consistent, efficient development, testing, and production environments utilizing cloud technologies.
- Roadmaps, architects, and collaborates with development teams to transition to an automated continuous integration and development (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Provides technical leadership across multiple teams and technologies to drive change into teams to move towards an infrastructure as code approach.
- Identifies and capitalizes on opportunities for increasing reliability, security, and velocity, with an emphasis on automation (PowerShell or other scripting languages, Terraform/Ansible or similar).
- Works with IT Cloud Architects and IT Infrastructure teams to design, document, and deliver BC/DR plans that support a hybrid cloud architecture.
- Works on transitioning and integrating ADFS, AD, and AAD to provide identity and authentication services, including group policy and Intune.
- Assists with maintaining our current on-premise VMware and NetApp infrastructure as we transition to the cloud.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field and/or the equivalent in work experience.
- 3+ years implementing or supporting cloud technologies.
- 3+ years of scripting experience to automate cloud and infrastructure deployments.
- Experience in usage of containers, infrastructure as code, automation platforms, Azure compute, networking/storage services, and identity and security management are desired.
- Clear understanding of cloud services provided by major vendors and experience integrating private and public clouds.
- Strong Linux and scripting skills are preferred.
- Conceptual understanding of Agile and DevOps culture.
- Experience implementing CI/CD and DevOps philosophies and working with infrastructure as code is preferred.
- Experience working in a cross functional team in an enterprise IT environment.
- Experience collaborating and communicating across IT teams, departments, and with internal and external customers.
- Experience with compliance and security standards.
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills include being competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, prioritization and problem-solving abilities.
- Advanced interpersonal, writing, verbal and reading skills.
Type: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to IT Cloud Engineer
Locaton: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to IT Cloud Engineer
Pay Rate: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to IT Cloud Engineer
Job Category: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to IT Cloud Engineer
ZipCode: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to IT Cloud Engineer
- Agile Methodology
- Architecture Analysis
- Cloud Computing