Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Bilingual Customer Service Specialist II in San Antonio, Texas.Responsibilities
The Customer Service Specialist II has overall accountability for reconciling and collection of Global/Pre-payment agreements and contracts while maintaining customer satisfaction across partnered facilities as well as patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives inbound calls from customers/patients and assists with questions regarding bills.
- Resolve complaints.
- Set up payment plans for patients and process payments made by credit card.
- Discuss additional payment options with patients and guide them through the process of applying for hardship.
- Greet and assist patients who come into the office to discuss accounts.
- Processes timely invoicing of patient accounts to facilities collecting revenue on behalf of Sheridan as per agreements.
- Ensures most accurate payment rates are communicated to facilities/patients.
- Communicates with contracting and/or Operations on any issues/discrepancies or updates as necessary.
- Performs various other duties as assigned by management
- Other duties as assigned
- Reads and abides by the company’s code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Bi-lingual in Spanish
- Strong customer service background
- Knowledge of appropriate telephone etiquette
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Sense of urgency and reliability
- Knowledge of medical billing reimbursement
- Detail-oriented and a team player
- Knowledge of insurance policies and requirements
- Good organizational skills
- Communicate and work well in a team environment
- Meet established production and quality goals/metrics
- Follow up in a timely manner on open items
- Able to effectively prioritize work on a daily basis
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 2 or more years of related experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Healthcare Billing System (AS400 preferred)
Certificates and Licenses:
Medical Billing And Coding