Child Guidance Resource Centers is looking for a full-time School-Based Mental Health Professional (10-month) to join our School-Based Department in Delaware County (Upper Darby School District).
A School-Based Mental Health Professional provides one-on-one and group interventions to a child or adolescent in school when the child or adolescent’s behavior without this intervention would require a more restrictive treatment or educational setting. This position is based in an Emotional Support classroom in a local school district and works as part of an academic team that includes a Special Education Teacher, Personal Care Assistance, classroom assistance and regular education systems. In addition the School-Based MHP may consult and take direction from the school’s Lead Teacher and Principal.
School-Based MHPs assist with the development and implementation of behavior and crisis plans, including planning and intervening when students become physically aggressive.
• Masters Degree in behavioral health related field required; school counseling degree preferred.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience, working in a child and adolescent service system provider (CASSP).
• Knowledge and background in dealing with socially, emotionally and behaviorally disordered children/adolescents.
• Knowledge of crisis management techniques, including de-escalation strategies.
• Ability to work effectively with client, staff, outside agencies, school personnel and the public.
At CGRC, you can enjoy a relaxed working environment with flexible work schedules that allow for a healthy work-life balance. We encourage and support staff career development and there are always opportunities for you to learn and grow within the organization. We have a competitive compensation package and generous time off and benefits for eligible staff. You and your family can also enjoy discounts and offers through our Tickets at Work Program. CGRC is an eligible employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
Child Guidance Resource Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer