Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Contribute to the achievement of the Excess Casualty segment business plan. The Executive Underwriter is responsible for production, underwriting and maintenance of new and renewal umbrella and excess casualty accounts within a defined territory. In addition, the Executive Underwriter is responsible for establishing and cultivating business relationships with brokers and clients within the assigned territory to assure the continued flow of new business opportunities while representing Excess Casualty segment
- Produce new business opportunities within the territory.
- Evaluate, select, underwrite, price, quote and maintain new and renewal business.
- Develop and implement marketing plans with Excess Casualty National Accounts Management.
- Retain accounts through active participation in Chubb Stewardship process.
- Adhere to Chubb standards on pricing and servicing.
- Participate in product line projects as required.
- Forecast & report on monthly production to Excess Casualty National Accounts Management.
- Oversee & execute on various operational tasks
- The individual will manage new business pipeline. This includes:
- Maintaining monthly, quarterly & year end production goals.
- Ensuring proper progress and strategies to close new business are maintained.
- The individual will be a key liaison between Chubb Global Casualty Foreign and Domestic lines of business and ensure strategies and efforts are coordinated.
- The individual should have strategically based relationships and expertise to help navigate clients both internally and externally.
- College degree in insurance, business or related fields or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years commercial casualty experience, and/or underwriting Fortune 1000 companies.
- Superior communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Superior analytical skills needed to evaluate and develop
- Excellent sales and marketing skills.
- Advanced computer skills preferred.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.