Based in Hanover, NH, as our Business Development Manager, you will assist in developing the strategy and provide direct business development support to Hypertherm's emerging businesses and corporate venture investments.
Working with small, entrepreneurial teams, you'll deliver direct marketing/sales strategy and research support working with general managers and technologists on both internal development projects and external investments. You'll also play a vital role in the evaluation of potential corporate venture investments and provide marketing and business strategy insights to our technology evaluation team.
Interested? Here are some ways you'll make an impact as our Business Development Manager:
Strategic Business Development Program Support:
• Develop full business cases, suitable for Executive evaluation, which includes market identification/segmentation, core DVP of offering, profit and ROI/NPV analysis, and comprehensive go-to-market plans
• Assist with development of stage-gates for emerging and venture business development, helping ensure adequate oversight to pace and manage investments. This role will play a key part in go/no go decisions on new business development projects
External Investment Pipeline Development:
• Play a primary role in the development of our external corporate venture investment pipeline, identifying and evaluating new investment opportunities
• Participate in, or lead, cross-functional business, and technology evaluation teams, partnering with technologists, engineers, operations, finance, and general managers
Market and Business Research and Analysis Capabilities:
• Identify, conduct and manage research required for market understanding and situation analysis to identify opportunities, inform product positioning and price strategy, and justify new product and program development
• Synthesize market research into meaningful and actionable analysis to guide team decision-making
Advanced Technology Marketing/Sales Partner:
• Provide direct marketing/sales support to our corporate technology development team, providing key market insights and strategies to assist with new concept development
• Develops market feedback mechanisms, including end-user councils, spot market surveys, prototype field trials, etc.
• BS/BA in Marketing, STEM, or related field. An MBA with Marketing or General Management focus is a plus
• 5+ years of experience in Marketing, Corporate Development, or Business Development
• Experience developing strategic-level plans, new business case proposals, and experience with financial business case projections, balance sheet analysis, etc.
• Enterprise-wide project management experience
• Passion and technical capacity to evaluate new technologies and technology trends
• Clear and concise writing and speaking capability
• Ability to manage multiple priorities based on business needs
• Project and team leadership experience
• Global sales and/or marketing experience preferred
Some of the benefits you can expect with a career at Hypertherm:
• Global, 100% employee-owned company for over 50 years
• Profit Sharing
• Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP)
• 4 days/year Community Service Time
• Strong commitment to Environmental Stewardship
• Stable, growing organization with a no-layoff philosophy
• Relocation assistance is available