To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jefferson City, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cost Accounting Director
Scholastic • Jefferson City, MO
Posted 2 months ago
Cost Accounting Director – Scholastic in Jefferson City is seeking an experienced Cost Accounting Director to create and maintain cost accounting functions in support of distribution fulfillment operations and our supply chain network.
The cost accounting director position will be responsible for overall accounting and costing functions of the NSO. Devises, installs or controls systems for determining unit cost of products or services. Distributes costs between the various divisions of management and production. Classifies production costs into wages, material and overhead. Maintains responsibility for routine compilation of costs for payroll, inventory, and distribution of labor, verification of actual costs and computation of variances.
The ideal candidate will develop solid business relationships with counterparts to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing. The position will play a key role in providing impartial financial analysis and guidance, decision support, and development of financial acumen across the NSO.
Direct Responsibilities include:
- Develop a cost accounting system, policies and procedures for all distribution processes.
- Prepare, analyze, and report spending variances, costs, trends and capacity utilization.
- Explains cost accounting systems, policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of training programs.
- Support and enforce Company policies and safety practices.
- Interview, hire, develop and train team members, set goals and expectations for staff.
- Develop and evaluate key performance indicators and implement dashboards.
- Assist with the annual budgeting process.
- Collaborate with the finance team on strategic initiatives and offer insights to opportunities and risks.
- Work directly with various departments in a consultative role in identifying process improvements and efficiencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. MBA preferred.
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience in finance, accounting, accounts receivable, or credit and collections preferred, and 3-5 years’ experience in cost accounting.
- 3-5 years’ experience of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Must have the ability to motivate staff and handle a variety of both personnel and technical issues on an ongoing basis.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to question norms and respectfully challenge others.
- Ability to relate cost accounting concepts to others.
- Excellent team building skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively depending on the situation.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive, confidential and high-volume environment.
- Knowledgeable about ERP/MRP systems and controls Oracle ERP Systems experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule and develop solutions for complex and diverse problems.