You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Position Description:The primary responsibility of the Retail Training Consultant is to develop, lead and implement merchandising and training plans with assigned corporate account locations with the desired effect of growing their overall sales. The RTC consults with client prior to designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining client training materials and programs as requested. The RTC will be assigned a call frequency objective for visiting corporate account locations within their territories comprised of several DC service areas. The Retail Training Consultant will report to the Manager- Corporate Accounts, who in turn, reports to the Vice President of Sales – Corporate Accounts.
- Analyze the product screen for inventory for the customer and make recommendations
- Achieve productivity goals by making daily visits to assigned accounts and assisting with training, merchandising assistance, consultation, etc.
- Present current ordering opportunities to key retailers. Train them on current websites, ordering procedures, etc. Understand and share relevant programs available to accounts
- Develop tire retailing capabilities of assigned key retailers.
- Develop relationships with cultivate new business opportunities by working with district management personnel within the assigned accounts.
- Develop account strategies to increase sales (tent sales, training events, contests, incentive programs, etc.)
- Solve customer relations problems relating to any account activity
- Keep accurate and timely records of key contacts and field activity with CRM tools provided by the Company
- Gather business intelligence and share with field partners and field support center partners
- Develop and nurture contacts with tire manufacturer representatives within the territory
- Attain call frequency objectives for each location as assigned.
- Satisfactory scores on post call surveys. In addition, the RTC will be evaluated during supervisor ride along visits.
- Must master the business development tools (e.g. PSS, CRM, proprietary web portals) as assessed by Training Facilitators.
- Demonstrate, maintain, and sustain proper use of the business development tools as assessed in-market by the Manager-Corporate Accounts.
- Understand and convey the elements of each of the corporate accounts playbooks to assigned accounts as assessed by the Managers – Corporate Accounts.
Key Partners (Positions):
- Senior VP of Sales
- VP of Sales – Corporate Accounts
- Managers – Corporate Accounts
- Director of Sales
- Others including Regional Presidents, Regional Sales Operations Directors, Customer Development Manager, Inside Account Managers, and branch operations personnel
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Education: Minimum High School Graduate or GED. Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university preferred
- Experience: Prior work/sales experience with national chains or tire industry preferred but not required
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Think strategically and innovatively: Identify and act on ideas which further the Company’s strategic goals and business plan.
- Plan and Execute for Success: Identify and address root causes when solving problems. Work collaboratively with other departments and functional teams to coordinate effective solutions.
- Act Collaboratively: Communicate effectively across teams, functions and departments.
- Communicate Effectively: Communicate clearly and concisely and adjust communication style to improve performance
- Demonstrate Respect: Handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance with American Tire Distributors “Code of Conduct”
- Be Accountable for Results: Assume full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behaviors, decisions and results.
- Knowledge of current materials, methods, technology and practices of the Company including but not limited to:
- Professional Selling Skills (PSS) – completion of the Company required training and the application of the concepts and philosophies.
- ATD Value Proposition – the ability to develop a practical knowledge of the Value Proposition and proficient in communicating the features and benefits to the customer.
- Contact Management – proficiency in use of the tool and the ability to monitor sales call as recorded by the sales personnel in the Region.
- Ability to create business solutions to customer needs that directly impacting the growth of tire sales.
- Thorough understanding of ATD’s sales process
- Embrace change, self-starter, energetic
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent face-to-face and telephone communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions
- Functional knowledge of the use of a personal computer and/or laptop.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 80+% of the time, travel throughout the geographic area within the assigned territory and may require overnight stays. Travel to the Field Support Center and other destinations will be required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R22352
- Business Development
- Business Intelligence
- Conflict Management
- Contact Management Systems
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: R22352
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.