BUSINESS: Portland Valve, LLC
LOCATION: Warren, MA
DIRECT REPORTING: Quality Manager
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Quality
The main goal of this position is to function as the main Quality Representative for the customer. You will ensure proper flow down of all the customer’s requirements to both manufacturing and quality.
This position will benefit the organization by improving the speed at which PV Quality can process contracts. Also, Quality’s ability to respond to urgent requests from Manufacturing & suppliers will improve.
- Conduct Internal and Supplier on-site audits per ISO 9001, and follow up audits, to qualify and assess both Internal and Supplier’s quality and manufacturing capabilities.
- Perform GD&T and stack-up analyses
- Drive continuous improvement through utilization of tools such as Six Sigma, SPC, Gauge R&R, DOE, FMEA, and 8D Root Cause Analysis, and Lean.
- Work with manufacturing to ensure product quality and performances is achieved.
- The ability to understand customer requirements and created viable solutions
- Work with the Defense Team to create manage and/or create engineering processes.
- Develop documents and maintain in-process inspection plans for process control, testing and inspection with an emphasis on statistical techniques.
- Ensure a strong communication path is created with manufacturing.
- Interact with Government Inspectors for sell-off of product.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- ASQ Quality Engineer Certification preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt preferred.
- Knowledge of ANSI Y14.5 GD&T.
- Knowledge of Defense Industry and prior experience with DOD Contractor a plus.
- Must be a US Citizen to meet US Defense requirements, and must be able to obtain a DOD clearance.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines, be detail oriented and highly organized.
- Experience with standards such as ISO9001, and AWS welding requirements and inspection preferred
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering or a technical field required.
- Requires 5+ years of experience in quality engineering, including audit, in-depth understanding of quality concepts and principles.
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Lean Manufacturing
- Iso 9000
- Six Sigma Methodology
- Failure Mode Effects Analysis
- Continuous Improvement Process