At WellStar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
Signficiant Sign-On Bonus and Relocation assistance offered for qualified experienced RNs.
We have an immediate need for a Registered Nurse (RN) for Northwest Georgia Oncology Centers in Austell, Georgia.
The Primary Oncology Nurse is a proactive member of an interdisciplinary team of licensed and unlicensed care givers who ensure that patients, families and significant others receive individualized high quality, safe patient care. This nurse works directly with our Oncology providers and patients to provide world-class oncology care in our hospital-based outpatient departments. Primary functions of the Primary Oncology Nurse include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing/assisting with chart preparation, exams, procedures, and treatments
- Initiating/modifying treatment and therapy plans for provider approval
- Performing appropriate patient tests
- Accessing ports and IV’s
- Administering medications within the scope of practice
- Providing education/teaching regarding treatment plans and plan of care
- Consulting with the interdisciplinary team to plan, implement, and evaluate care plans
- Maintaining accurate records and completing pre-charting in the EMR
- Preparing paperwork: Return to work, leave of absence, and disability
- Care coordination using best practices of patient care
- Managing patient throughput
- Driving patient experience
They practice in a clinical environment that is administered by Nurse Managers and other leaders and is supported through the WellStar Shared Governance Model. The framework for practice is steered by the WellStar Professional Practice Model, 5-Star Nursing and evidence-based practice and research. It is expected that all Primary Oncology Nurses are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association.
Schedule: Monday through Thursday from 8am to 5:30pm; Fridays from 8am to 3:30pm.
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing: Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing preferred.
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia or hold a privilege to practice in the State of Georgia under the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC).
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position.
- National certification in area of specialty preferred.
- Ambulatory experience or Oncology experience preferred.
Required Minimum Experience
- Experience with direct patient care.
Nurse Licensure Compact
Registered Nurse Certified