Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project; full stack developer with expertise in Java/Perl/Python technologies
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
- Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
- Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
- Establish and control code quality standards, development best practices, defect-free code delivery for the teams
- Review test cases specifications and design documents
- Understand and help with the new product and existing product design/architecture to enable world class MFT product
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of IT experience, with solid testing skills: ability to develop test strategy, design test plans, and test cases effectively and independently
- QA background with experience in full life-cycle testing activities (manual and automated) of applications based on defined requirements
- Ability to perform thorough System, Integration, Regression, load, performance and End to End testing
- Experience with Java 8/J2EE, Java Concurrency, IO and Collection, database query, HTTP
- Experience with different automation tools such as Selenium, Protractor, JMeter etc.
- Good understanding of development processes and tools such as Sonar, Jenkins, Git, CI/CD
- Experience with JUnit, TestNG, or any other test framework
- Knowledge of DevOps toolchain, Continuous Testing/Automation
- Ability to influence the team, lead by example, provide required coaching/mentoring for team members, and set engineering best practices
- REST API design/SOAP Web Services experience
- Understanding of fundamental software engineering and computer science principles: object-oriented design, structured design, databases, algorithms, data structures, usability, debugging, and configuration management
- Solid technical and platform knowledge, including some or all of: Java, J2EE, Open source related technologies - Perl/Any Scripting language, MySQL
- Experience in any observability framework such as Splunk/Graffana/Kibana etc.
- Experience in event streaming/message queuing with RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ/Kafka etc.
- Experience in NoSQL databases such as MongoDB/Cassandra/Aerospike etc.
- Experience in container orchestration with Docker, Kubernetes
- Understanding of Data Models and creating complex SQL queries to Identify and create test data.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
- Managed File Transfer (MFT) domain knowledge
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: QA, "quality engineer", "automation engineer", Java, Selenium, Junit, TestNG, Protractor, JMeter, Git, Jenkins, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home