About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Job Title: Mechanical Supervision
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Direct the activities of assigned Craft
• Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders as needed for area of supervision.
• Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
• Establish and adjusts work sequences to meet construction schedule, using knowledge of capacities of equipment and assigned personnel.
• Study schedules and estimate worker-hour requirements for completion of job.
• Estimate and bid new work with clients.
• Analyze and resolve work problems.
• Maintain time records.
• Follow set procedures and standards.
• Calculate amounts of concrete required for each job.
• Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
• Perform frequent safety inspections of work area, equipment, tools, and employees in accordance with SIC policy to ensure compliance with government regulations, customer requirements, and SIC’s safety program.
• Appropriate journeyman experience required.
• Regular attendance is required.
• Significant travel required.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Examines blueprints to determine dimensions of structure.
• Selects materials and structural units, such as lumber, prefabricated doors, and paneling, and inspects them to ensure conformance with provisions of building code and local ordinance.
• Determines sequence of activities concerned with fabrication, assembly, and erection of structure.
• Assigns workers to such tasks as cutting material to size, building concrete forms, erecting wooden framework, and laying flooring.
• Interprets company policy for workers and enforces safety regulations.
• Maintains time records.
• Rates information using standards which can be measured or checked.
• Follows directions, plans, and blueprints.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Occupational Safety And Health