Cloud Software Engineer
US Citizenship Required
Exciting Telework role! We are looking for a software engineer to support AWS cloud-based Data Science Workstation. This role deals with Linux-based development and maintenance as well as provisioning data science applications. Experience with third-party software installation, documentation, QA and Testing required. Candidate will need to have Python & R User Support knowledge as well.
- Build/maintain AWS Cloud-native applications
- Support analytical platforms/frameworks like Python/R/Apache Spark/etc.
- Linux command-line & shell scripting -CI/CD pipeline with AWS CI/CD stack & GitLab -Source code management tools like GitLab/equivalent
- R & Python Anaconda Tools
- Create/initialize/run environments
- Machine Learning/NLP/other Predictive Analytics Use Cases
- Code reviews/giving recommendations/offering scripting best practices
- Python in AWS environment
- AWS CLI SDK, boto3, etc.
- Security best practices - AWS Identity & Access Management (IAM), etc.
- AWS Ansible
- CloudBolt Software a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, other relevant field, or equivalent relevant experience; Master's Degree preferred.
- Advanced computing certification preferred.
- 8-15 years of experience in Systems Engineering/Analysis.
- Python (Programming Language), Linux Shell Scripting, Agile Continuous Integration Tools
Other Job Specific Skills
- Attention to detail, and a commitment to quality work.
- Ability to elicit, analyze, document, and validate the system requirements that support the required system changes to meet the business need.
- Must have the ability to work under aggressive deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and prioritize as necessary.
- Excellent analytical, comprehension, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong skills in IT fundamentals including, but not limited to: server administration, networking, database support/administration, infrastructure support, and IT security design.
- Demonstrated ability to provision, install, configure, operate, and maintain systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Ability to work with various programming languages, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms.
- Proven ability to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve complicated technical issues.
- Strong experience applying process and systems engineering, analytics and operations research methods at every phase of a project.
- Agile Methodology
- Apache Spark
- Attention To Detail
- Code Review