ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is the 15th largest Catholic Charities agency in the U.S. and 10th largest nonprofit within the state of New Jersey with an annual operating revenue of more than $40 million. Annually, a staff of 600 provides more than 100,000 people in Burlington, Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean counties with support related to housing, food, mental health, specialized children's services, addiction treatment and domestic violence services. A private nonprofit recognized by the Chronicle of Philanthropy as one of the most fiscally efficient in the country, the organization uses less than 10 percent of our revenue for administrative costs. We are a recognized leader in trauma-informed work and have pioneered integrated healthcare in the State.
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is a great place to work! We are mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about service to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, I.T., Finance, Marketing, Nursing, and Government Relations. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs.
Catholic Charities is a faith-inspired organization and Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
JOB SUMMARY: Medically Enhanced Supportive Housing is an advocacy & housing service for adults with a serious mental illness and chronic/serious medical diagnoses. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the coordination of health services, conducting &/or supervising nursing assessments & plans of care. Will collaborate with Psychiatrist & all Team members to develop Rehabilitation/Recovery Plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conduct quarterly nursing assessments & develops plans of care for all consumers in the Program. Assign duties to the LPN & CNA staff in accordance with the assessments & plans.
2. Plan & conduct &/or supervise the provision of health education classes on nutrition, exercise, disease management, medications, hygiene, smoking cessation and other health promoting classes.
3. Coordinate with primary care providers & specialists, ensure preventative as well as specialized medical services are provided on a regular basis, assign duties to the LPN's & CNA's to assist consumers with these appointments and follow-up care.
4. In collaboration with the Housing Support Specialist, the psychiatrist & the consumer, the RN will actively participate in the Rehabilitation/Recovery Plan and assist with activities, which enable consumers to reach their goals.
5. Identify assistive devices &/or specialized medical equipment needed for individual consumers; work in collaboration with the Medical Provider and the Housing Support Specialist to ensure such equipment is procured.
6. Directs consumer medical care and acts as the ongoing point of contact for medical providers, community hospitals, psychiatrist and any other specialists involved in the consumers' care.
7. Work with all staff of the MESH team to provide life skill development & supportive counseling to MESH consumers
8. Train staff & consumers on the importance of the mind-body connection, how one affects the other & how to treat both simultaneously
9. Receives and reviews referrals for consumer evaluation and coordinates admission of consumers with members of the MESH team.
10. Responsible for training, implementation and oversight of all MESH medication policies and procedures.
11. Conducts periodic chart audits
12. Checks nursing team member documentation for accuracy and completeness prior to signing.
13.Assists the Program Director in the formulation, revision, implementation, and evaluation of policies and procedures.
14. With approval of the Program Director, develops a training schedule for nursing staff.
15. Responsible for nursing staff schedules.
16. With the Program Director, conduct performance evaluations and initiate disciplinary actions, as necessary.
A valid NJ Registered Nursing License and a valid driver's license. A year or more of experience in mental health preferred. Ability to work flexible hours & to be on-call for emergencies & consultation.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Registered Nurse Certified